FFP Scope questions

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by chain, Dec 4, 2008.

1. chain

chain Well-Known Member

First let me say, Hello to all, I have been away for awhile. I have a couple questions for the resident experts

1) Can I buy a FFP scope any more that has repearable clicks with an objective no larger than 42mm?

2) I was waiting for the Nightforce FFP scopes to come out, I have seen that they are out now. Are they worth the cost? I can't beleive the price(s)

Thanks

2. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

S&B 4X16X42.... Nightforce scopes are excellent and whether or not the pricing of the FFP models is worht it or not depends on how much you want a FFP scope IMHO

3. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

Yes. The S&B John mentions, also IOR offers a 2.5-10X42 and 3-18X42 in FFP. All have very repeatable clicks.

4. chain

chain Well-Known Member

I have an IOR 2.5 X 10 X 42 FFP, it is nice. I didn't think IOR still made them. Do they have all the bugs worked out of the IOR 3 X 18? Thanks

5. Ballistic64

Ballistic64 Well-Known Member

USO has slimline models for some of thier scopes,which are generally 37mm.I think on the others the smallest is usually 44mm.

6. jonoMT

jonoMT Well-Known Member

The IOR models look pretty good and cost much less. However, note that the clicks are in 1/10 mils. That really isn't an issue to me since it's just as easy to create a drop chart in those units. Only other thing I read that could be a concern for some was a comment (by ILya I believe) elsewhere that @ low magnification the MP-8 reticule can be hard to see without the illumination on.

Jon

7. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

Like it has been said the USO has a 37mm for the SN3 now and the S&B has a 4-16x42mm bell. I have used both and at this time I use a 4-16x42mm S&B. I have also played with the NF FFP and they are great scopes also. I’m a very big fan of FFP scopes that are 12x and up. If you are doing F-Class or Bench Rest I do not recommend the FFP scopes. FFP scopes are great for holdovers and ranging. The FFP Scopes tend to be great for hunting and tactical shooting.

Mike @ CSGW