LIGHTEST FFP Scope

Sand Man

I hate to start with price isn't an issue, but since I'm spending someone else's money.............PRICE IS NO ISSUE.
roflmao

Helping a buddy put together a rifle for his 2022 Yukon Dall Sheep hunt.

Requirements:
1) LIGHT..........ounces matter to these guys
2) First Focal Plane
3) MIL reticle
4) Quality Glass for hunting

I thought I read a new release from March last year they were releasing a 1.5-15X42mm FFP scope this year at around 17.5oz, but it's not listed on their website nor can I find the previous article on it.

I have the 3-24X42mm March-F on my 28 Nosler. It comes in at 21.5oz, and I'm happy with it. However, he is looking at shots 600 yards and under. So, if we can save ounces by going down in power I'm all ears.

Not interested in the short AR type scopes as we need maximum light transmission as well for the low light conditions they experience at these elevations sometimes.

Suggestions?

The lightest FFP scope I have been able to find is the Leupold VX-3i LRP 4.5-14x50 which comes in at 20.3oz. I have never looked through a March scope so I couldn't compare the glass quality. My experience will it so far has been just using it at the range a few times, and I would say it is comparable to similar priced scopes. Not sure the glass quality is what he is looking for but to my knowledge it's the lightest scope available for purchase at this time.
Natchez has some for that are currently on sale still https://www.natchezss.com/leupold-v...50mm-sf-30mm-ffp-cch-reticle-matte-black.html

SWFA SS HD 3-9x42 is 19 oz
Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50 is 21.3 oz

Those are two that come to mind, goes up fast from there. I believe the March 1.5-15x42 is still in the works but only in SFP right now.

I did just remember that Vortex just recently announced a new scope series the Razor HD LHT. The 3-15x42 is listed as 19.1oz, but I have bit looked through one yet so I cannot attest to its glass quality.

S&B 3-12x50 klassik comes in just under 21oz with ASV (0.1mil) elevation turret and whatever reticle you choose, 22oz for illuminated model.
A slightly lighter and more compact option is their 3-12x42 klassik with mildot reticle. It's not hard to memorise the distances of the first 4 mildots.
Both are FFP, rugged, good optically, and practical for hunting.

I did just remember that Vortex just recently announced a new scope series the Razor HD LHT. The 3-15x42 is listed as 19.1oz, but I have bit looked through one yet so I cannot attest to its glass quality.

I have one of these. Glass is very good, not S&B good but very good.

Swarovski 3x12! Very light & great glass. Have one on my 7mm Christiansen and has all the clarity and power needed for 600 yard shots. Just my 2 cents worth.
I didn't know Swaro made a FFP scope.

The Vortex LHT is a nice scope for the price, but the 3-15 is a SFP. Can't wait to see what the new FFP specs out as, and if they are as nice as the 3-15. I actually wish they just went FFP with the 3-15 though.

For me, I will take top quality over saving 6-8oz in a scope. My choice for a lightweight FFP is Tangent Theta TT315M (or TT315H). The issue is they are still 27oz.