Feeling about the Wby Mark V Acumark RC

Amplus13

My own thoughts have been weighing heavy on my mind about which direction to go when I purchase my .257. I have heard good things about the range certified rifles from Wby and how great they are, but I haven't actually been privileged enough to put one through its paces or talk to anyone who's opinion I rely on to the point that I'm ready to place an order. can anyone please give me some feedback good or bad about these rifles. Also personal opinions on either going with the Wby Mark V Acumark RC vs. a comparable rifle built by Cooper Arms.

Some input, my cooper 280AI shoot extremely well (1/4 MOA) with load development and tuning. and barrel is going south now...

My 300Wby Accumark (pre-RC) also shoot extremely well (.5 to .75 moa) but with almost no load development. She is probably a better shooter than that but it is more than I need for my hunting so I decide to save some barrel life.

Hope this help.

I have the 257 in the s2 vanguard and with the TTSX in 100 gr it shoots great. I recently purchased the 30-378 accumark range certified . It is a beautiful gun and shoots like a dream. As i have many of the weatherby calibers i lacked that one rifle that is as custom as you can get without spending 5000. This gun is expensive 2400 or 2700 and shoots 165 gr bt sub moa. As a hunter and by no means an expert this is as good as it gets. Shot a bobcat today at about 200 yds (really small target) . The bullet hit exactly where I aimed. There are no bad choices here with either the caliber or gun. Good luck.'

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.