Federal Large Rifle Magnum Primers

Buck Buster

I had a doctors appointment Tuesday morning, and after my appointment I stopped at the local gun shop. I didn't have anything particular in mind I just thought that I would take a look at what they had, and get rid of a little cabin fever. I walked back through a row of rifles and when I turned the corner to come back the other side WELL!! There they were Federal Large rifle magnum primers, grabbed 4 packs quick. I asked how long they had them in stock they said about a week. I have been watching for them to become available again, just wanted to post that they are available again. I'm probably the last one to know Ha, Ha, Ha.

None on Ammoseek, the search engine.

Some high priced ones on Gunbroker.
They were more expensive than the other brands, I paid $4.95 a hundred. But they will last me I would bet till I die. They are for a 308 Norma magnum bench gun that I seldom get to shot anymore. And all my brass is loaded up, I have them just in case some family members decide they want to start long range hunting or shooting, we will be ready to get serious.

Haven't seen them in Alaska for several years. Recently ran across some reg 215 primers, purchasing several bricks while waiting for 215M's.

Cabelas has 215's(standard, not match) by the brick in stock right now. They recently had 215Ms & I grabbed a few. Seems like there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

They were more expensive than the other brands, I paid $4.95 a hundred. But they will last me I would bet till I die. They are for a 308 Norma magnum bench gun that I seldom get to shot anymore. And all my brass is loaded up, I have them just in case some family members decide they want to start long range hunting or shooting, we will be ready to get serious.
I've been paying $50 a brick (1000) for years at my local store. While they were still scarce during the Obama gun ban scare years, my local store would steadily get them in, in large spurts. Then sell out again, wait a month or 2, more in stock, sell out, wait, etc... For a few years there, nobody was buying up the CCI primers ($10 a brick less than Federal) from my local store, so I was buying the hell out of those. Anytime I wanted I could walk in, and they'd have CCI 200's and 250's sitting on the shelf. I have no problems with CCI primers, and honestly, if Federal wants to be a bunch of pricks and not produce as many primers for the reloading market, then I'll just burn up all my FGM primers and start using CCI exclusively. I think it's pretty telling when a gun company is politically controlled and motivated... Like when Bill Ruger was bashing the 2nd Amendment and supporting gun control, all-the-while running/owning a GUN COMPANY! Hypocrites.

I've been paying $50 a brick (1000) for years at my local store. While they were still scarce during the Obama gun ban scare years, my local store would steadily get them in, in large spurts. Then sell out again, wait a month or 2, more in stock, sell out, wait, etc... For a few years there, nobody was buying up the CCI primers ($10 a brick less than Federal) from my local store, so I was buying the hell out of those. Anytime I wanted I could walk in, and they'd have CCI 200's and 250's sitting on the shelf. I have no problems with CCI primers, and honestly, if Federal wants to be a bunch of pricks and not produce as many primers for the reloading market, then I'll just burn up all my FGM primers and start using CCI exclusively. I think it's pretty telling when a gun company is politically controlled and motivated... Like when Bill Ruger was bashing the 2nd Amendment and supporting gun control, all-the-while running/owning a GUN COMPANY! Hypocrites.
If it wasn't that the 308 Norma shot so good I wouldn't care, I use CCI in most everything, but I don't want to change the Norma's load for fear of loosing accuracy and it is loaded using Federal primers.

IMG_7233.jpg
Picked some up in Oct, in Alaska

gotta get them when they are available, just saw 4 bricks a few days ago at the same store

This is one reason we have shortages, a lot of people buying all that is available and some people will not use that many in there lifetime.. This ends up causing others to go without, same problem with 22 shells a few years ago, everybody purchasing bricks on top of bricks until nothing was left over, then rationing kicked in to allow others to have a shot. I saw the same thing with 223 ammo, I watched a guy walk into a shop ask if he had any 223, owner mentioned just received two army ammo cans the guy said he would take them, then bragged about having 3000 at his house already..

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.