Favorite Varmint Bullet

I have run Sierra and Hornady but with the prices of Sierra going out of sight, and good deals on Hornady, the varmints do not seem to know the difference!

I am building a 6mm ARC which i plan on using for varmint hunting. What is your favorite varmint bullet and why?
I don't know what the case life is for the ARC, but I do know this. The ARC sounds like a great cartridge, BUT when components for hand-loading become ever more difficult to find and are outrageously expensive when you do find them, where are you going to get them for the ARC? The .223 brass will always be out there.
I go to a couple of different guns shows and visit several gun stores regularly and have yet to see any 6MM ARC ammo or brass for sale~!
Your question was about bullets so I apologize for mentioning the specific caliber you've chosen.

You can use 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39mm brass to make 6mm ARC brass. 7.62x39mm brass will be out there for as long as 5.56 NATO brass. So, im not that concerned about brass shortages. As I see it, 6mm ARC is more of a replacement for AR10 in 308, but can do double duty and also replace 5.56 NATO.

I've got a little light weight 461 sako repeater chambered in 6mm PPC I have taken several dozen coyotes, 5 deer and 1 black bear, mostly with 55 and 70 gr ballistic tips out to 400 yards with impressive results, the deer and bear were all taken while varmint calling during deer/bear season, for that I switch to the discontinued nosler 75 gr solid base, while not considered a big game bullet at ppc velocity they hold together well enough to have two of them pass thru a 200 pound bear on a full broadside shot, the ballistic tips are a bit more explosive and appear to hit coyote like a 220 swift.

Last edited: