Favorite printable target—load development

I prefer targets like the Larue Target 4-Up in black on card stock. Black absorbs most light striking it which gives a clearer picture through any scope, any other color reflects light and does not give as clear a picture through optics. I take a small level with me down range to make sure the target is perfectly plumb, this helps keep your rifle level during the aiming/shooting sequence (provided the scope is properly mounted) and can potentially improve your group size at further ranges. It helps when you are developing loads and want to minimize canting errors.

Here are 2 I use at 100 and 200 yards.

Attachments

• target102gs grid square center.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 183
  • Target Red 200mBull.pdf
    5 KB · Views: 147
This is the one I use. I will place 6-8 on a large piece of cardboard, and use that at the range. I can then take them home, hole punch them, and place them in my reloading books for future reference.

I will also take a large sheet of white exam table paper, and use blue masking tape to make one long horizontal line with 3-4 vertical lines to use as targets. When the tape is 1 inch in width, group size is not tough to figure out.

Attachments

• WBY_200yd_Zero no shade.pdf
    74.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    902.8 KB · Views: 104
I draw my own target with 1 inch squares then put a one inch Orange dot on it. If I want more I just scan and print more. Its nice for sighting in and just target shooting. You can see how far off you are and make the adjustments needed to get on the bulls eye.

Here are three I made that I use a lot. The .25 thick lines are what I like at 100, the .5 thick I use for 3x9 scopes at 100 and other higher power scopes at 200. The MOA Challenge target is good fun! The black center is 1/2", outter circle is 1". You can break a line by half a bullet and still be either 1/2 or 1 MOA. These are printed on 11x17 paper to be in scale...... ENJOY!

Attachments

• Target 6 spot .25 lines.pdf
    47.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Target 6 spot .5 lines.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 12 spot MOA Challange-.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 79
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.