Favorite 22lr Bulk Ammo?

usurp

I'm wondering what everyone here uses as their standard range bulk ammo. As of recently I've been dealing with Federal AutoMatch (the ones that come in 325 round boxes) and Aguila Super Extra (500 rounds). I give the slightest edge to Aguila but federal is great for my Mark IV in an indoor range.

What are you all using as your bulk 22lr range ammo?

I use your two for most things. Accuracy varies so much gun to gun but I like the aguila in pistols as it's copper coated and accurate enough. I run auto match too in them and my Bergara bolt gun loves it. It doesn't make sense how good it shoots at long range even though it's not subsonic. I have had decent results with blazer ammo but if I run it hard through my SW22 pistol it lead fouls badly after it heats up. CCI standard velocity is always a good performer. For everything I'm trying to be super accurate on I run subsonic, sometimes match grade.

I've had good results in my CZ using 40 grain CCI blazer and 38 grain Aguila super extra HP.
My CZ 457 Jaguar also likes the 40gr CCI Blazer. For some reason I can never find it locally which is a bummer but Aguila and AutoMatch can be found almost everywhere.

Might have to make a bulk purchase of some CCI Blazer before my next Appleseed to see if I can get my score up!

So far Midas Plus has worked extremely well in the Cooper 57M and my custom 22L
Here are a few pics from Friday night when the winds went calm to 3 mph from the 10:00 direction. Groups shot from my DI Precision built 22LR at 500 yards with Midas Plus while trying to true up Ballistic program.

Osoh

Attachments

• IMG_2955.png
    IMG_2955.png
    440.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20240406_072516.jpeg
    20240406_072516.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 66
I've got a few rifles that shoot them well enough for varmint hunting and I like using hollow points to avoid ricochets.

What would be another hollow point you would recommend?
At the end of the day if it works in your particular rifle that's all that matters. I think a lot of people (myself included) get caught up in what everyone else's experience has been and use that to determine how we feel when instead we should do what you did - find what works best for your gun!

With all that being said my favorite bulk 22lr HP would probably be Aguila 38gr copper plated HP: https://www.aguilaammo.com/products/22-super-extra-copper-plated-hollow-point-2