Farewell My Friend......

Phil was a great guy, I purchased a Rem 700 rifle from him about 5 years ago. I used this rifle to build my first LRH rifle, a 338 RUM. Phil would type me and give me helpful advise on the loads. He will be greatly missed!

Joel rest assure that he is up there hunting the promised lands where there is a trophy on every ridge and his shot how ever long are always hitting their mark. And yes he will be right along side you on every hunt. True friends are so hard to find and when you lose one its like you lost part of yourself too.
Hang in Joel.
Chuck in Idaho

Thanks for the heartfelt words guys. The past two weeks have been rough. For the past few years, Phil and I would talk daily on the phone about hunting, shooting and just plain old stuff that hunting partners talk about.
I miss my daily phone call, but I have had more conversations with him in the past two weeks than I have had in a long time..
Makes a guy appreciate what he has, whatever it may be..

It is very tough to loose a close friend and hunting partner.....I know. For me, the hunts are not the same without him. I still go and use the down time to reflect on times past and remind myself that the ones we loose are truely never very far from us. Keep the chin up and focus on the good times that were had together. Sorry for your loss!

I am so sorry, I think sometimes things are so bad in my life I could cry, than I here about the loss of an old friend and I put myself in your shoes, its hard to say I know how you feel unless you can back it up, I have had a few losses that I have never realy got over.
Joel, I have had that pain and I know what its like to loose a dear friend like this.
God Bless. and hugs from the Sages

All this time and I had not read this thread.

Joel, my heart is one here with the rest of the replies. My prayers are for the loved
ones left behind, and no doubt you're one of them!

Take care!

Joel the loss of a good friend can break the heart of a stranger, I was never lucky enough to have met this man, but I knew him in my heart and your loss has not gone un noticed.
We can talk about how we have lost a loved one but when we loose a real friend, we all hurt.

My best to you Joel, from KC.

I think his last order was to carry on till relieved.

condolenses, prayers, and best wishes going out from the house of RR, truly sorry joel, hunting partners and friends of that caliber are few and far between.
RR

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.