Fantastic Price on Bushnell Elite Tacticals

I just picked up one for $735 with an H59 reticle. I'm pretty stoked about that!

I'm curious how they stack up to other high end scopes. Currently my nicest scope is a Leupold VX6. I've had Zeiss Conquest HD5s in the past. I've used a Razor Gen II HD and Leupold Mk 5 HD and they are by far the nicest scopes I've ever looked through.

How will the Bushnell perform optically compared to those?

Dont buy the bushnell for the glass,clarity is not that good. NF SHV glass is way better for similar money.

Dont buy the bushnell for the glass,clarity is not that good. NF SHV glass is way better for similar money.
Thanks! I've been looking at those too. Been skeptical due to price point on the SHV but I'll have to check it out.
Sorry to hear the Bushnell leaves something to be desired! Oh well!

I have read and heard on the internet (so therefore it must be true) that she SHV does not track well. I have avoided them for that reason only.
Can someone with first hand experience shed some light on this.
Sorry to hear Bushnell glass is not clear.

My SHV F1 tracked, held zero and returned to zero perfectly. Great scope. My Bushnell LRTSi did the same but are a bit brighter in the glass department so I sold the SHV F1.

The DMR II Pro is supposedly markedly brighter than the DMR II.

To say Bushnells are not bright and clear is just not an accurate statement. The Elite Tacticals are very nice.

John

I have multiple Bushnell Elites. All are at least 10 years old and older. Never had any issue with any of them, never cost me a missed shot, never had a problem with brightness and clarity. I certainly recommend them.

I had a 6500 and it was bright and clear, I did not do any dialing so I can't speak to that.
I used to shoot an older 1" 36x B&L scope at 100 yard BR matches. When the scope broke, Bushnell had bought B&L. They then dropped the B&L line, so no replacements were available. They GAVE me a new 30X 6500, because that was as close as they could get to the 36X B&L. NO CHARGE. Not even freight. But it did take about 3 months. So I never hesitate to try a Bushnell anything.

As
How dose the Bushnell forge stake up against the elite tactical

As far as functionality i can't speak for the Forge. I have look through a couple and their glass is crystal clear and bright from lowest setting to highest. If they made it with illuminated reticle i would already own one or two. I shoot with a Bushnell XRSII and a DMR IIi. Both are awesome scopes. I love my NF SHV and NXS but My primary rifles now have those Bushnell's sitting on them

I have read and heard on the internet (so therefore it must be true) that she SHV does not track well. I have avoided them for that reason only.
Can someone with first hand experience shed some light on this.
Sorry to hear Bushnell glass is not clear.
I haven't had any tracking issues with my SHV.

The pro series and xrs ED prime glass is supposed to be quite good. I've been having a hard time not trying a dmr2pro at 980$

I owned the xrs original. Everything was perfect but the glass. It was a little lack luster. (To my eyes). I replaced it with the razor 2 4.5-27. Amazing what another 1000$ will do for clarity. I still have 4 Bushnell elite scopes. 4200 and 6500. Solid performers. One I shoot small bore silhouette and dial it regularly. The 4200 tracks like a champ. I haven't looked at the new versions but I think that Bushnell makes a great product at its price point. are they swaro or Zeiss no. But the aren't the same price. The little prs I've shot. Glass (because I'm a nut for it). Reticle you can easily range find (because I lost a match on an unknown distance shot and I am lousy using Mil-dot). Eye box. (Because I'm old and getting down perfectly is not always an option on some shots). (Tracking is a given). Fwiw

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.