Fall bear idaho

Endless_prusuits

We have had a trip planned for almost a year to fall bear hunt Idaho. There is a serious lack of info available on hunting them in the fall.

We will be spot and stalk hunting no bait or dogs

Just a few questions if any feel like helping out

We were planning unit 1 but I'm hearing from alot of people that it's super thick up there and might not be great for spot and stalk.

Can anyone recommend a unit that may be better for spot and stalk?

Reduced tag units?

We are not afraid to work for the bears
Just hard to get a solid game plan together from 3000 miles away

Any help is greatly appreciated

I'm assuming your coming from Fl because of your profile. If your driving, I would try the eastern side of the state because it'll get you hunting a lot sooner. Lots of units that are open to glass easily. How many days do you plan to hunt?

I'm assuming your coming from Fl because of your profile. If your driving, I would try the eastern side of the state because it'll get you hunting a lot sooner. Lots of units that are open to glass easily. How many days do you plan to hunt?
I think we have decided to hunt the southern end unit 17 coming in from Montana. We are coming from Florida and we are driving. We can hunt 7-9 days we have 15 days total to make the trip happen. Any info is appreciated for sure I've been e scouting for months but it's always hard to get a for sure plan together.

We are looking to hunt unit 27 for fall bears in a couple weeks. Any advice on where to start? I have access to horses, e-bikes, and we are not afraid to walk if we have too. I understand it is mostly wilderness with limited access, which we are not strangers to hunting.

Thanks for the tips. We are looking to go in on the south East side of the unit. Hopefully we will find some of those food sources. This is our first time in this unit so we are going off map studies.