Fail Safe Bullets???

IMG_6100.jpeg

I run 300 grn. Fail Safe projectiles in my 375 H&H. They're impressive as far as penetration goes.

I believe Winchester discontinued them as there were issues with expansion from time to time. This doesn't really bother me with my setup listed above as they strike like Thor's hammer from that rifle…on anything.

I run 300 grn. Fail Safe projectiles in my 375 H&H. They're impressive as far as penetration goes.

I believe Winchester discontinued them as there were issues with expansion from time to time. This doesn't really bother me with my setup listed above as they strike like Thor's hammer from that rifle…on anything.
Fail Safe has been discontinued many years ago.
It's designed for heavy game that requires penetration. They were no expansion problems it was a tough bullet and acted a lot like a solid.
For light thin skin deer it was probably not the best bullet to use due to the bullet construction.
The .277 in 140gr FS made an excellent bullet for elk especially in 270 Weatherby and 270 WSM. I currently use FS in 338 Win and 308 win and 30-06 for moose hunting in Alaska often.

Last edited:
I was not aware Winchester made bullets. I was told the Failsafe was a bullet made by Barnes.
Lord No !
Winchester designed the bullets ! It's a heavy made game bullet I suggest elk and above for Fail Safe. Barnes was not involved ! Due to cost of making a complex Fail Safe and Partition Gold bullets it was cancelled !

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    17.7 KB · Views: 12
I have one box of Factory 160gr 7 Rem Mag.Fail Safe!
But have switched to Federal Terminal Accent!
155gr hand loads going 3100fps