Fail Safe Bullets???

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Captn C, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Captn C

Captn C Well-Known Member

I have yet to see this bullet mentioned on this wonderful site. I always thought it would be the perfect bullet for high velocity cartiages.

I am getting ready to spring for some bullets for my 7mm RUM and wonder what you guys thought of them????

Thanks

2. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I don't believe that the FailSafe bullet is manufactured any more. Winchester is making a similar bullet, possibly an improved version of the FailSafe, which is called the XP3. (if memory serves, anyway)

3. Captn C

Captn C Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with Midway and they did say that it has been discontinued...guess thats why noone has mentioned them.

Thanks

4. happylilcuss

happylilcuss Well-Known Member

Yup discontinued, However the xp3 are an improved version of the fail safe.. I get boxes of them and then pull the bullets I then load them .001 off the lands and I absolutley love them. I even have expieremented with upping the powder charge a few grains. (I didnt see any improvment in my groups so I stay with factory powder charge) I do get much tighter groups pushing the out.. I think it is the best medium range big game bullet. If they would come out with a 210g 30 cal bullet with a .6 bc I would be in heavin!!

5. Popapi

Popapi Well-Known Member

My 270WSM absolutely LOVES the factory XP3's in the 130grns I wished the bullets were sold to be reloaded!!!!