factory barrel fitment

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Asquared, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Asquared

Asquared Member

Will a factory barrel and action (Rem 700 7mm mag) fit into a McMillan stock. All the stocks I see listed say SENDS TO/ varmint/ bull/M 24 5 R mill spec. So I know this is not meant for a factory barrel, but, can I use it with a factory barrel? Will the action or accuracy etc...function properly?

My barrel on my 7 mag is in good shape, but all of the stocks that I like, don't have a selection in "factory sporter" in stock. So which ones interchange with what stocks I guess is my question. (ie, can I put my factory barrel and action in a stock that say sendaro/varmint, or M24 5 r mill spec, etc... )maybe someone could list the differences, and talk about what will work and what won't. I really don't want to wait 5 months for a stock that will fit my factory barrel, only to up grade to a better barrel down the road that would then not fit my stock.

If you can't tell I am pretty green when it comes to the world of long range. I have researched my question but can't find a clear answer, any help would be appreciated.

-AA

2. AZShooter

AZShooter Well-Known Member

Ask McMillan your questions. 623-582-9635

3. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

the barrel will have a lot of air around it in the barrel chanel. . the stock does not make a 1000 yard rifle. it can help. but the barrel and ammo are more important.

4. shortgrass

shortgrass Well-Known Member

Not to mention the quality of the optics and the ability of the "nut behind the trigger".