Factory barrel break procedure

I wouldn't consider Kimber or Cooper "custom rifles" buy any means. Are they offered with any option or in any configuration you my want? No, they are not, they're offered only in certain configurations.

Sorry I meant that facetiously per my sarcastic icon. I read an article (can't seem to find it) that Kimbers and Coopers are "literally" a custom rifle.

My break-in procedure for factory barrels is as follows; Make sure you have the correct bushing for your barrel vise. Put the barrel in the vise and snug it down tight. Place the action wrench on the action and remove the action from the barrel. Remove the barrel from the vise. Take it to the scrap bin or the garden (for a tomatoe stake). This only applies to firearms that have no 'collectable' value.

Well I have to disagree on your comment to my two factory Remington 700 Sendero 7mm STWs.

Look at the pictures below from the results at the rifle range yesterday. These targets were at 100 yards.

The first target picture is the "Montana Sendero 7mm STW" with handloads of 140 Accubond, 82 grain H1000, COL 3.675 and that is the result of the 4 shot group.

The second target is with the "California Mint Sendero" 7mm STW with handloads of 162 AMAX, 76 grain H1000, COL 3.675 and that was the result of the 4 shot group. The wind was gusting pretty good (10-15 mph) from my left side to my right side when I shot this grouping so I think it affected this grouping.

Attachments

• Sendero 7mm STW (Montana)_140 AC_82 H1000_COL 3-675_ 4 shot group.jpg
    Sendero 7mm STW (Montana)_140 AC_82 H1000_COL 3-675_ 4 shot group.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Sendero 7mm STW (Calif)_162 AMAX_76 H1000_COL 3-675_ 4 shot group.jpg
    Sendero 7mm STW (Calif)_162 AMAX_76 H1000_COL 3-675_ 4 shot group.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 88
My break-in procedure for factory barrels is as follows; Make sure you have the correct bushing for your barrel vise. Put the barrel in the vise and snug it down tight. Place the action wrench on the action and remove the action from the barrel. Remove the barrel from the vise. Take it to the scrap bin or the garden (for a tomatoe stake). This only applies to firearms that have no 'collectable' value.
I heard you !!!!!:D
FE

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts