Ever have one of those days!

wyomingblizzard

Every thing that could go wrong at work did! So I decided to go to the range and blow off some steam. My target was a piece of steel plate 24"x24" hanging at 1000 yards. The first rifle I was going to shoot was my 340 weatherby. I made my dail up and wind adjustments and let one fly. I guess I thought I was shooting a little gun and got a scope cap to the nose to prove it. On the bright side I heard the ring of steel! Two more shots two more rings, after my eyes stopped watering that is. Then I remembered that I didnt repaint the steel first, so I couldnt tell about group size. Then I took my 308 out of the case and discovered I didnt bring any 308 ammo, I had grabbed 22-250 instead. Some days it just dont pay to get out of bed.:rolleyes:

LOL!

But, you knew where you needed to be.

Sometimes, I have arrived at the range, WITH everything needed....and just walked around a bit. Nothing wrong with some personal time.

...Some days it just dont pay to get out of bed.:rolleyes:

I hear that my friend. Just pulled one of those last sunday. Loaded the Ranger on the trailer, loaded 3 rifles, ammo & my gear bag in the truck. Drove the 40 miles out to the family ranch only to realize that i'd forgotten my 300, 400 & 500yd metal targets! Good thing I was in the middle of nowhere as there was a little profanity in use... :cool:

t

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.