Eotech - Not LR but......

royinidaho

L3 EOTech - (For law enforcement/military use)
This is certainly a sweet gismo. It transformed, for me at least, an HK SL 8 w/a 3x9 Zeiss into what appears to be a useful unit for walk and stalk yote huntin'.

The Circle-Dot reticle is super sweet. Could easily track robins and doves passing over and flitting around the yard.

I has 2 AA batteries that will last longer than I will. (Auto shut off after 30 hours)

My son has been saving up my Cabela's points and hogged the all. What a cheap skate.

We removed the Zeiss and stuck the thing on the SL-8 .

Initial impression was WOW!
Second impression was "I can use my right eye with this!"
Third: It's plenty good for chicken sized targets out to 200 meters.

I could envision all those yote jump shots that I missed with a scoped rifle. Aaaaah, there may be new life in the walk & stalk arena.

Was going to the range anyway so brought Mungus Son along w/the EOTech/SL-8

First impression at the range was that it came from the dealer pretty much sighted in. Hows that for luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Elevation was pretty much on and windage was off 4 clicks @ 200 meters. After a few adjustments and busting some rocks he started in on the little chickens. The dot just about covered the chicken but it didn't hamper hitting them.

I can see one of these EOTech thingies on an AR-180 in my future. (Or maybe even a Magpul) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

332SL-8-_-Eotech-med.jpg

I have one on my 14.5" M-4 , it replaced an Aimpoint that worked great by the way , but the Eotech has a better field of view and its easier to make hits on mutiple close targets as you can keep both eyes open which is a huge safety benifit in the CQB/police world. I got the one that uses the 123 Lithium batteries as my lights use them to but those little bastards are expensive but the unit is a little shorter thats about the extent of the benifits.

Roy is you want a great little coyote gun have a AR-15 built with a 6mm-223 chambering , those 55gr ballistic tips and 58gr V-maxes are awsome varmint/predator bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.