EMT Bag of Some Kind

Ron J

I know this is probably not the forum/Board for such a discussion. But most of us hunt in very remote areas. Usually with a small party. Three is the most I've hunted with.

After serving the CAV, I was an EMT for a small ambulance service, before I got burnt out and quit. During my stint in the service I was assigned to a dust off team in the 2/11 Cav. Being so I've seen some pretty stupid things happen to people. No matter how careful you are, you are going to have a day that you need a well equipped Med Bag. And have your self some knowledge of basic first aid.

I have a pretty well equipped bag I take just about every where. I have a smaller one in the truck.... You wouldn't believe the things I've run into as first responder. My wife tells me I'm a magnet for these things.

So, my point is to bring enough equipment to handle what you think will need to survive 3 days.

All that being said I was at a local gun show and found a perfect kit for just about anything you might come across, but unfortunately I didn't have the money for it.
I'm sure you can find just about everything you would need there.

This is just a thought, like I said I've seen some pretty serious accidents that would have, or could have become deadly without some kind of Aid Bag.

Be Well,

Ron

Most of us has some kind of first aid kits ... do a custom query using the top right hand corner for "first aid kits".

I carry a first aid/survival kit with me when out hunting as well as my hunting buddies. I also always let someone know my whereabouts. As a "scouter", I even carry band aids in my wallet. :D

I wasn't being arrogant, but if you're out there and God forbid anything happens you may find yourself in need of more than a first aid kit. You may need something that has multiple dressing changes. You could be out there for a while until help arrives.

I wasn't being arrogant, but if you're out there and God forbid anything happens you may find yourself in need of more than a first aid kit. You may need something that has multiple dressing changes. You could be out there for a while until help arrives.

As the only responder thus far, I never viewed your post of any arrogance.

As stated above regarding custom query, you'll find Michael Meyer's (NREMT-P tactical paramedic) article on "Medical Consideration in the Backcountry".

Cheers!

As the only responder thus far, I never viewed your post of any arrogance.

As stated above regarding custom query, you'll find Michael Meyer's (NREMT-P tactical paramedic) article on "Medical Consideration in the Backcountry".

Cheers!

Ahhh, I wasn't using the "custom query". I found it. Thank You!!lightbulb

Edit to read:

Excellent dialog from someone who knows from where he speaks.

Thanks FEENIX

Ron, the gun show survival items can supliment a kit. Many of my friends have first aid kit as well, but some don't watch expiration dates as many items expired they need replacing. I even found a suture kit which I pray I never have to use. Good post and good replies. Perhaps this will stimulate others to assemble a kit.

Ron, the gun show survival items can supliment a kit. Many of my friends have first aid kit as well, but some don't watch expiration dates as many items expired they need replacing. I even found a suture kit which I pray I never have to use. Good post and good replies. Perhaps this will stimulate others to assemble a kit.

Agreed, most of the EMT items you see at gun shows are usually from the Vietnam era.
But if you look around you can find fully packed back packs of all new items. These of course are for long term survival. But you can remove things you would need.

I really enjoyed FEENIXs' link to "Medical Consideration in the Backcountry". Very informative.

Here is a link to just about everything you would need for a week in the outback.

Medical supplies and products from top manufacturers for EMS providers - theEMSstore

Some things are for Professionals only, and I'm sure you would need a license to purchase.

Yes, we all pray to never need such things. But as with a concealed weapon, it's better to have it and not need it, then of course the opposite.

Be well Dosh

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.