Got my EMT License

Tikkamike

I havent been on here a whole lot the last half a year or so. I have been busy taking classes to become an EMT. Last night we took the state finals and I am not officially done with the class. It was a pretty intense class. It was also a lot of fun. I should be on here quite a bit more now. Feels good to only have to worry about when the next time I get to go shooting again is!gun)

Re: Got my EMT Lisence

That's great Mike! You learn a whole lot of great stuff in a short time. I went through it a few years back. While going through it I got to put what I learned to good use. While out to dinner with my wife and at the time 2 year old daughter I saved my daughter from choking. It was all fresh in my mind then and came to me quite easily, not sure it would come that easy now.

Congratulations! First responders do a great service, and deserve more recognition. The job has evolved farther than most realize.

Congratulations! Good for you. Its a nice feeling when you take the "last" test.

Congrats, been several years now when I went through. A lot of tests, finals for class, practical skills, and book knowledge. Then practical State exam, and finally National Boards. At least that was what I had to do. Things are changing quickly in EMS. Gearing towards testing and finding your weaknesses and teaching to get you up to speed. Our state is the trial state for this new style supposedly. Hate to say it, but experience in this field is when you really have to step up to the plate. You are there to make the worst day of their lives better. A lot of responsibility on your part. Glad to see you made the commitment. We need a lot more like you Mike.

Brent
Volunteer EMT, FireFighter, and Rope Rescue

Congrats!! I have been an EMT for almost 30 yrs and a paramedic for the past 10. If you plan on working in the field do not expect to be compensated adequately for your services. EMS is a thankless profession and the burn out/turn over rate is very high.

Great accomplishment brother, well done.

Bro Fist.jpg

t

Hey Mike, Congrats,

The more you get envoled with EMS The more certifications you will want. I Started out as an EMT 12 years ago and but continued from there.

You will love it, Let me know if you get any good calls!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.