Great service kind of long

lefty15

I just thought I would share an experience I have just had with Irish Setter boots. I purchased a pair of Turkey Tracker boots last year from Sportsmans Guide in St PAUL Minnesota. The boots come with a 1 year manufactures warranty. I only wore the boots 3 times, and after the 3rd use I came home with an extremely wet right foot, and I still had about 2 months warranty left. I contacted the store where I bought the boots which was Sportsman guide, and they just completely washed there hands of the situation, and said we have a 90 day return policy, so you are on your own, very poor customer service on Sportsman Guides part.
I then contacted Irish Setter Boots, and the service rep advised me that the boots were discontinued in 2005. I bought the boots in 2006. The rep also did say that the store should look after the problem (which never happened), this would be fine, but I live 14 hours away from ST Paul.
So the service rep at Irish Setter Boots had me send the boots back, and I paid $55.00 and upgraded to a better quality boot. Irish Setter received the boots on Oct 19th. I advise Irish Setter that I am leaving on a hunting trip on Novemeber 3rd, and Irish Setter has already shipped the boots on UPS, as of yesterday, and I will have the boots here in Canada on Monday Oct 29th.
The service that Irish Setter has provided has been absolutely excellent, and I am very disappointed with Sportsmans Guide and the terrrible service that they provided.

I'm gonna be picky....

You bought the boots and had two months warranty left in them, you contact the manufacturer and they tell you they stopped makin them and then suggest you pay $55 more to upgrade.

I'd say its better than the store but the least they could have done in my opinion (the manf that is) is replace the boots FOC an if they no longer make them upgrade you at no additional cost:(

It aint your fault you bought the boots when you did & it aint your fault they were defective and didn't last the warranty.

HP

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.