Low velocity, Long range machine!!! Kind of...

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Recently I have been playing with a new project, not related to actual long range shooting but a machine that will allow me to get back in the bush easier and even better, get OUT easier!!!

She started out as a stock 2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4.

P5020427-1.jpg

Right from the factory this bike has plenty of power to be dangerous if your not careful. I had the dealership install the 3000 lb warn winch and also a street legal package as you need this to travel on any improved roads here in Montana.

The first upgrade I did was to install a Moose Industried brush guard to protect the front end of the quad, namely the headlights. Next I ordered in a 2" Lift Kit but after installing I was surpised to see that the kit had actually added 3" of lift to the front and 3.5" to the rear ground clearance.

The main reason for the lift was because I had ordered a set of custom Summit wheels and a set of 27x10x12" Swamp Boss tires which were much larger then the 25x10x12 rear and 25x8x12 front factory tires. I wanted the extra lift so I would have no problem with tires rubbing over the entire range of the suspension travel.

I was surpised to see after the lift and the tires that I gained a solid 5" of ground clearance on the front and 5.5" of clearnace on the rear.

Because the added height would decrease the side hill stability of the bike I also ordered the aluminum wheels with a +4" wider offset which added 8" of width to the stance of the quad. The custom wheel and tires also add 80 lbs to the bottom end weight of the quad which noticably lowers the center of gravity as well adding to the stability of the bike on side hills as well as the plowing and digging power of the quad in heavy mud and snow.

P5250394.jpg

P5250396.jpg

P5250393.jpg

P5250389.jpg

P5250390.jpg

The last add on (for now at least) should be here today which is a set of extended wheel well flares to keep the rider from getting covered with mud from the wider offset wheels and tires.

Those big rubbers on the front sure grip alot more when turning so you really have to be careful when turning at higher speeds but again, thats not what this bike has been built for. On pavement, the Swamp Bosses are really harsh to drive but on any dirt they are no different then the factory tires as far as vibration. Even on gravel roads, once you get over around 10 mph, they smooth out nicely.

I think I may eventually get another set of wheels and more all season 27" tires to smooth out the ride a bit on pavement and gravel but for hunting, these aggressive rubbers should serve VERY well.

Just wanted to share a non-shooting project I have been playing with a bit on the weekends.

Thats a mean lookin rig Kirby. I guess I was wrong about your d.n.a. I figured for sure that it would have a NOS button to keep with the legendary Kirby Allen performance and speed of your fine wildcat cartriges and custom rifles......:D
Never judge a book by its cover right. Looks awesome, and practicle too, but with fangs! I like it.

Wow mean looking rig Kirby! Yep that dwarfs my yamahas but I suppose they are for different purposes. And you don't have any trees to swerve around.

Looking at the background in your photos, doesn't look like there is much to connect that winch to should you get stuck, may I suggest an anchor :D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts