Bstick

When was the ELR championship held?

What years?

Attachments

• 188B73A3-FE44-43C9-A137-B4BA060EC961.jpeg
    188B73A3-FE44-43C9-A137-B4BA060EC961.jpeg
    860.5 KB · Views: 71
Paul has quite a resume.
I know how he got all those records, it's the golden gun in that picture. Gotta get me one of those!

Hi,

Well it sorta takes a "Championship" event/series to have a "Champion" lol and there has never been an ELR "Championship" event held under a sanctioned organization ....so.....
There have only been ELR exhibition/single event competition/social shoots.
You don't see Cory Trapp or Jon Weiler saying they are 20X ELR "Champions" because they have won basically their own exhibition lololol

Sincerely,
THEIS

ELR exhibition/single event competition/social shoots
It seems that way. Any contest/match held once ever is only a contest of who showed up, champion of that one of event. A championship needs to be fed from a series so then there can be a champion of an event and a champion of the series. Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Tennis, Auto Racing are all like this. There are feeder series and events.

Things are changing.

Applied Ballistics/ELR Central format, this will be the first one. If it is repeated then it will mean something. It seems lofty. It could be run in an "open" format where anyone can compete. This makes the program difficult because there is no feeder and weeder system.

Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA), repeated formats, repeated events. I believe it has meaning. More so that others as there has been (nearly?) monthly matches for over 2 years in two locations. For 2017, matches also was a qualifier for more difficult match. That is a true "championship" format. Feed it, weed it, contest of the proven able.

@Alex Wheeler new program. If repeated and duplicated it could be the paper version of URSA. I would love to have his format repeated around the country. I will be discussing holding one on the URSA grounds.

Truth in advertising: I am the So-Cal URSA Match Director. Basically the guy who empties the toilet (just joking, sort of). What I mean is I try to follow the rules, keep the shooters following the rules, keep the range safe, haul the URSA targets and scoring system to the site and set it up. Do or makes sure the scores are recorded. And.... Actually empty the toilet as I bring a portable toilet.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.