Easter eggs at 1000 yards

Great scope for sure. Just wish it was made in a SFP in the same magnification with an MOA reticle.
Yeah but the mil version keeps the elevation turret to 10 mils per revolution. So the math is easier for me. Plus looking at different videos I "think" I'll still be able to use the low power. I like SFP but I think FFP might work for ME with this scope.

Yeah but the mil version keeps the elevation turret to 10 mils per revolution. So the math is easier for me. Plus looking at different videos I "think" I'll still be able to use the low power. I like SFP but I think FFP might work for ME with this scope.
I'm not smart enough to use a MIL reticle scope. KISS is the principle I use. Love to try a FFP scope some day but it'll be an MOA if I do.

I'm not smart enough to use a MIL reticle scope. KISS is the principle I use. Love to try a FFP scope some day but it'll be an MOA if I do.
I'm an older guy so MOA was what I grew up with. I was like you and felt MOA was easier. But it didn't take long to get used to MIL, in fact I found it easier. Besides most of the work is done by range finders and drop charts/ apps. So now I just range, check the charts/ app, dial and shoot. Either MOA or MIL will work, it comes down to the dial increments for me.

I totally agree that reading the wind is by far the most important skill in long range shooting. I did appreciate the video you did on the SIG Kilo10 and bought one as a result, but let's put things into perspective. A good friend of mine just finished 12th in the world F Class championships in Johannesburg, SA. He makes his own barrels (the winner used his). The competition was at 900 meters (981 yards) - close enough to 1000 yards.

The 5 ring is 10" wide; the V ring is 5" wide. Competitors fired 130 shots each. They even get two sighters. Obviously, they have a huge advantage in that they get wind feedback from the shot they just fired. These guys use the best equipment possible - the rests they use cost more than a lot of rifles. The rifles themselves are built for these kinds of rests and certainly are not hunting rifles.

Guess what percent of shots the winner put into the 10" ring? 86.9%. He put less than half of his shots (44.6%) of his shots into the 5" V ring, which is certainly bigger than an egg.

Granted, these guys don't get to pick their shots, but when the best in the world, using the best equipment possible, can't put 90% of their shots into a 10" circle at 1000 yards, I think that says something.

Last edited:
I totally agree that reading the wind is by far the most important skill in long range shooting. I did appreciate the video you did on the SIG Kilo10 and bought one as a result, but let's put things into perspective. A good friend of mine just finished 12th in the world F Class championships in Johannesburg, SA. He makes his own barrels (the winner used his). The competition was at 900 meters (981 yards) - close enough to 1000 yards.

The 5 ring is 10" wide; the V ring is 5" wide. Competitors fired 130 shots each. They even get two sighters. Obviously, they have a huge advantage in that they get wind feedback from the shot they just fired. These guys use the best equipment possible - the rests they use cost more than a lot of rifles. The rifles themselves are built for these kinds of rests and certainly are not hunting rifles.

Guess what percent of shots the winner put into the 10" ring? 86.9%. He put less than half of his shots (44.6%) of his shots into the 5" V ring, which is certainly bigger than an egg.

Granted, these guys don't get to pick their shots, but when the best in the world, using the best equipment possible, can't put 90% of their shots into a 10" circle at 1000 yards, I think that says something.
clients get 10 shots to hit the golfball (easter egg this time) :)
That's the challenge I did let 2 shoot 15 do too bad ammo fliers (factory ammo)
if they hit or not is no big deal its about reading wind and scope cant!
It's a game of chance (most take 5-10 shots to hit a golf ball if they do hit) and attention to detail, That's what I teach. I do this every week all year round not sure about Benchrest I have no interest in that, we teach long-range hunting here
I have trained many BR guys, PRS, Military and Pro's from many disciplines over the last 7 years as a civilian.
So far none of them could really read the wind without flags and wind meters until they came here, as I teach!
no sighters and they have to help with the wind calls, but I do most of the wind calling in level 1.
normally out of 10 students in class 2 to 3 hit the golf ball (this class was an exception)
Bipod and rear squeeze bag is what we use

come see for yourself thats all I can say

It's a game of chance (most take 5-10 shots to hit a golf ball if they do hit) and attention to detail, That's what I teach. I do this every week all year round not sure about Benchrest I have no interest in that, we teach long-range hunting here
I have trained many BR guys, PRS, Military and Pro's from many disciplines over the last 7 years as a civilian.
So far none of them could really read the wind without flags and wind meters until they came here, as I teach!
no sighters and they have to help with the wind calls, but I do most of the wind calling in level 1.
normally out of 10 students in class 2 to 3 hit the golf ball (this class was an exception)

I've been reading wind in the field for over thirty years. But I still learn all the time, including watching your videos. Good stuff Sir, I'll get some charcoal brickets for 1k shoot. I'll make "custom" ones with some high dollar orange spray paint ;) Thanks for pushing the envelope. Makes us all better shooters.

Maybe you should take a trip to Williamsport.
I mean that heavy gun 10 shot record is getting kinda old. lol
Me I have no desire to compete, 58 years old retired 1SG. 26 years military trigger puller, done all I needed to do overseas.. This is the students shooting not me I only teach them
Amazing parts is 2 day course and doing this well

I developed this wind technique in 1992 at SOTIC in the Army. its amazingly simple to understand.

Couple of my buddies that shot up here.Site in on a clay at 1000.They have a 3/4 sticky dot if I remember right and throw a dollar in the pot for a fun shoot when done practicing.Someone always hits the mark.There 1000 bench guys with numerous records.Penn sister club that is where my local range, but the 1000 got shut down because of development.The closest now is 2 and half hrs away

I take my hat off to anyone who can place a shot at 1000 yards. I've only done it a few times. Once with great success, ( Lucky shooting on a calm day ) and the second time in super wind gusts conditions, and using a lighter hunting bullet , not so successful at all. I believe that sort of shooting is all science, with excellent Rifle/ Load/ Scope combination needed for consistent hits at very small targets , very far away. IMPRESSIVE !! Congratulations to all you LR Shooters. What you are doing by hitting eggs and golf balls and 6-inch Pie plates, at 1000 yards elevates our sport, it is beyond just accurate shooting,. it is art!!

Good morning!

I have watched several of the videos out there about you guys. It is really impressive how simple you keep it, easy to remember and all the other little tips you guys show. I hope to attend a class one day soon! Thanks for the post! Most impressive!!