dpms LR204

dahunta

Ive been having an itch to buy a new toy and was thinkin bout ordering semi auto from panther arms in the .204.i am curious as to if anybody knows what kind of groups i can expect to get.i know the .204 is new to the semi auto world but even info on groups with any caliber from the dpms autos would be appreciated.am planning on replacing trigger but will take any advice on shrinking the groups.i am not new to Long Range Shooting just to the AR style so please just helpful info!thanks

I get 3/4" groups out of my .223 with 55 V-max's and my .308 shoots 1/2" groups with 168 Bergers.
They are very accurate for semi-auto's.
Plan on a different trigger for sure.

A buddy of mine has one and he says he can get 1/2moa on a regular basis with factory ammo. Triggers on most AR's are usually less then stellar and take a little getting used to...IMO.

yea i figured the triggers were junk.probably 6-8 lbs?i will probably have a trigger at the house waiting on the gun to come in!i was thinkin bout the timney.gamedog are u getting those kind of groups with the factory trigger?

A freind just got a new DPMS in 260. We dry patched the bore and fire a factory Federal round. HUGE ejector marks and primer blew out. Checked things over and fired one more (again factory) round from a different box. HUGE ejector marks and badly cratored primer. Sent the upper half back to DPMS to have the head space checked. 3 weeks and still waiting. Not to crash the thread, but has anyone else that owns one had any issues?

Thanks! Jeff

i bet if panther arms knew u put that on here they would send ur friends back today and have u one tomorrow for free!good luck with that.i wish i could stretch my pocket book and get a les baer but as long as i can get sub minute ill be ok.

At this point I have nothing bad to say about Panther Arms. My friend put in a call last Friday to see what the hold up was. I will report on that when I talk to him. I was asked for help from my friend to mount a scope and break in the bore on this new rifle. I made the first call to DPMS after we had trouble and I will say I was greeted with a less than experienced person that was not seeing the problem. It was not until I said "We are dealing with a potentially dangerous situation here" that he went and talked to someone else. Then he returned with the instructions to send in the upper 1/2. I figured they would just send a new upper right back. But I guess not. I will not bash the company, I will just report the problem and how it is solved and viewers can draw their own conclusion. At this point we can not rule out that we have two boxes of factory ammo that is to hot. So to be fair we need to wait and see. I will report later, and again sorry for the change of the thread direction.

Jeff

.gamedog are u getting those kind of groups with the factory trigger?
My 223 was the factory trigger and on the 308, I opted to get the JP trigger.
I sent my 223 trigger off to Bill Springfield. $49 dollars later, you'll be in hog heaven!!
I'd buy one with the stock trigger and have Bill tune it for you. Cheaper than the aftermarket triggers and man they are nice.

Broz, I've not heard of any issues with the DPMS's. Keep us posted how they handle the problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.