Dogs Meet Wolf Pack

I can say from experience that those pyrenees look like lovers but man if you push them they turn into completely different animals. They are livestock guardian dogs and they do their jobs well.
Our Cassie has years of her linage that are all bred for Livestock Protection. She is not like the traditional Pyrenees with a huge coat. She Looks like a WOLF & POLAR BEAR for her body shape. Nothing can help out a Yote if she locks on to it. She is really sweet in the home but, not really a HOUSE dog. She has a mind of her own. I raised dogs all of my life and when you have a canine that is bred for a specific task that is what they do. I had BIRD DOGS for running Trials/hunting and all they wanted to do. FIND BIRDS!!!.
Pyrenees and Bernese are for PROTECTION of livestock, pets, family. AND they do it EXCEPTIONALLY WELL!!!

Love those Newfoundlands. When i was a young man we were swimming, and a friend brought his Nuffy to the Dam. As soon as the Nuffy got there he jumped in the water and grabbed my friend by the arm and dragged him the to shore.
They are bred to save fishermen at sea.

"Rubble" named by the grandsons after the children's cartoon character, is a very lovable brute. But ....... he's got giant jowls and drools like few other dogs that I've ever seen. Can't imagine what my daughter was thinking when she brought that 6 week old pup home. LOL

I'm a Golden retriever lover. I've had Goldens for at least the last 30 years. All of them have been very smart and were well trained house dogs with good manners. But, while they have good hearing and quickly alert to the sounds of "visitors", they are very likely to invite burglars into the house and demand that they play with them.

Our Cassie has years of her linage that are all bred for Livestock Protection. She is not like the traditional Pyrenees with a huge coat. She Looks like a WOLF & POLAR BEAR for her body shape. Nothing can help out a Yote if she locks on to it. She is really sweet in the home but, not really a HOUSE dog. She has a mind of her own. I raised dogs all of my life and when you have a canine that is bred for a specific task that is what they do. I had BIRD DOGS for running Trials/hunting and all they wanted to do. FIND BIRDS!!!.
Pyrenees and Bernese are for PROTECTION of livestock, pets, family. AND they do it EXCEPTIONALLY WELL!!!
We had a few hundred sheep growing up and always had a few dogs with them. We were always told to show the dogs no affection so they bond with the sheep rather than us. They did and were incredible to watch do their jobs. One took on a lion one night. The dog got tore up but no sheep were harmed. Several times they had bears treed in the morning when we would go to check them. I have a deep respect for those dogs. Literally willing to give their lives for those sheep.

"Rubble" named by the grandsons after the children's cartoon character, is a very lovable brute. But ....... he's got giant jowls and drools like few other dogs that I've ever seen. Can't imagine what my daughter was thinking when she brought that 6 week old pup home. LOL

I'm a Golden retriever lover. I've had Goldens for at least the last 30 years. All of them have been very smart and were well trained house dogs with good manners. But, while they have good hearing and quickly alert to the sounds of "visitors", they are very likely to invite burglars into the house and demand that they play with them.
I raised Goldens back in the late 70s and 80s.
Smartest dogs. TOO Smart for most people. They will take advantage of a human. We had some serious champion lines pups. "Golden Motion" won the Westminster. Had another Gold "SAMSON" that we Studded out. Every time a vehicle pulled in the farm he was looking to breed a new female!

Surprised that the Great Pyrenees didn't attack the Wolf Pack. Guess the (7) wolfs to (2) Pyrenees was too much to handle. The Pyrenees were definitely bigger than the wolves in body size. Also suppressed that both the Pyrenees and Wolves were checking each other out without showing aggression.
Great Pyrenees are Bred to KILL Wolves/Coyotes/Cats.
Cassie our young Great Pyrenees is juts turning One years old. She is about 95 lbs and very protective of our animals and property. She doesn't show signs of backing down to anything right now. She comes from a long line of "Stock Protectors" and bred just for that. Having a difficult time turning her into a house pup.

Samson our Bernese Mountain Dog is 150 lbs and turning Ten years old in May. He is way past his Prime and expiration date. But he still trucks on. He is a BONIFIED Coyote Killer. I saw him kill several coyotes by just grabbing them by the neck and throwing them into the air. I think that when he was in his prime he would have went after all (7) Wolves.

Turkish Kangal can and will kill a wolf, as will many other breeds, Cane Corso,Rottweilers,German Shepherds European descent only not USA,and quite a few others, now wolves in a pack are a force to be reckoned with. The Kangal can bite with almost 3 times what an Arctic wolf can.

Turkish Kangal can and will kill a wolf, as will many other breeds, Cane Corso,Rottweilers,German Shepherds European descent only not USA,and quite a few others, now wolves in a pack are a force to be reckoned with. The Kangal can bite with almost 3 times what an Arctic wolf can.
Yes Sir!!!
The Kangal and Cane Corso and do not forget the MASTIF!!
Jill and I were in South Africa, and we went to a Pig Farm owned by my guide's friend. The outer permitter was ringed with bob wire &5K volts. It was in an area where Africans kill anyone especially white people.

You can't see this stuff in the movies!

While we were there a male African was poisoned by one of his Wives because he was working for a white man.
Yep on a Hunting Safari and had to worry are we were going to be attacked and killed by Africans. When we went to a town the guide told us to keep a round in the chamber. We hunted on 10K private acres so were some safe there.

The owner of the farm had two Mastiffs. The male when loose will attack anyone and patrolled the property. He tore the pants leg off my guide and put him on the top of his vehicle to get away. The female was less aggressive. Hermin said the Bitch won't bite, but the male will kill you. We were staying there the owner told us not to interact with the dogs. Jill did not listen (woman) and when one came up to the glass screen metal door Jill was oh what nice pups. The Mastif almost came through the glass and metal screen. Jill started listing to the owner!

Have seen two Shepards together, at a farm, get killed by Yote pack.
It is tough to have an animal that lives in your house to go against an animal that has lived their whole life killing for food.
I really think that the BOND between a Canine and Human with unconditional LOVE makes the DOG a formidable adversary to any harm that would come to a human or their pets/livestock!

About thirty years ago someone in our neighborhood left us a pit bull named maxine. As in they moved out and left her. She was a great dog and loved our calico cat named Abby. All of that said, nobody or another dog made any threatening actions against us or her cat without paying a high price. But Maxine only weighed about 65 pounds. She wouldn't have lasted long against them. But she would have tried.

Last edited:
I had an Anatolian Shepherd that would fight anything. He was very aggressive and protective of his turf. He was also very independent, definitely not a warm, fuzzy breed.

Surprised that the Great Pyrenees didn't attack the Wolf Pack. Guess the (7) wolfs to (2) Pyrenees was too much to handle. The Pyrenees were definitely bigger than the wolves in body size. Also suppressed that both the Pyrenees and Wolves were checking each other out without showing aggression.
Great Pyrenees are Bred to KILL Wolves/Coyotes/Cats.
Cassie our young Great Pyrenees is juts turning One years old. She is about 95 lbs and very protective of our animals and property. She doesn't show signs of backing down to anything right now. She comes from a long line of "Stock Protectors" and bred just for that. Having a difficult time turning her into a house pup.

Samson our Bernese Mountain Dog is 150 lbs and turning Ten years old in May. He is way past his Prime and expiration date. But he still trucks on. He is a BONIFIED Coyote Killer. I saw him kill several coyotes by just grabbing them by the neck and throwing them into the air. I think that when he was in his prime he would have went after all (7) Wolves.

Several years ago when they started the introduction of the wolves up north a really good friend of mine's sister was some how part of that and one of the wolves didn't make the cut because it had imprinted on humans a bit.
She gave this wolf to my friend and shortly after I visited him and asked what he was doing with one, he told me the background and asked if I would take him.
I did take him home, I only had one dog that was big enough to let play with him, I do not like the idea of bringing them back to the wild at all but I will say that he was an amazing friend for many years

Very few dogs will single handedly handle a wolf, especially dogs in this country as USA breeding programs are a total farce. A dogo Argentina, Kangal or a true working line shepherd ,Czech republic, Germany,Slovakia will give a good account, but they were bred to guard against european grey wolves, and the good lines still carry grey wolf genes if you have them dna tested. Here's a few who are the real deal.I take one to Montana when hiking to warn of bears,and any other predators that may commit mayhem on us. these imports will take their death on anything, no BS. The first 3 are 110 to 120 lbs, two females at 85 lbs and a newly imported male on end at 95lbs.All except the female with the ball are 100 % obedience and attack trained.
Holy smokes this one looks exactly like my half Dutch and Belgian.

Attachments

• A35D0ED1-C57D-47D5-9101-AA28FDB5322C.png
    A35D0ED1-C57D-47D5-9101-AA28FDB5322C.png
    607.6 KB · Views: 28