doesn't anyone here like browning rifles??

well being 21 I am still learning too. I plan on putting in an order for a new x-bolt later this week and I am just making sure this is the gun for me.

You will love your Xbolt. The new polymer magazine they use is the bees knees! It feeds rounds into the gun perfectly every time. In my opinion the X Bolt just made modern refinements to the A Bolt to make it even better! The ONLY thing I wish I could change about my X Bolt is I would like a stock with a little wider/flatter forend to make it easier to shoot from the bench.

shhh dont talk to loud! :D I like the rounded stock because I am a hunter and dont do much bench shooting.. unless im on bags when I sight the thing in. I absolutely love the mag design! The rotary design is genious and I heard the polymer/composite is tough as nails. I watched a guy run over one on the internet not to long ago. haha it was a pointless demonstration, but it was fun to watch. I cant wait!

There was a guy at the range the other day with a cool gun that I hadn't seen around here before.

Steyer in 260 Rem. Stainless metal and camo synthetic stock. Stock felt good when shouldering. Nice gun, and different.

I've never seen a Browning rifle around here, so I don't know about them.:rolleyes:

i've got a guy buying my abolt hunter in .300wsm.

was looking at replacing it with a xbolt stainless hunter in .300 or .270 wsm.:cool:

I have a stainless stalker in 300 win. and love it. I shoots sub-min. groups and is very smooth. I don't own a x=bolt but I've tried them in the store and was not impressed. I think the a=bolt series is alot smoother/tighter. The x=bolt seemed a little sloppy. No matter what you can't go wrong with a Browning.

Thats exactly the way I felt about the two rifles (X and A bolt), except, my views were the exact opposite. I felt the A-bolt was a bit sloppy and felt cheap in my hands. I thought the bolt was a bit "scratchy". I agree that you cant go wrong with browing. But I like the "improvements" they added with the X-bolt.

I wonder if that's just a matter of lubrication. My Savage M110 bolt is smooth and effortless. My shooting partner had a Savage M110 given to him in 243 and the bolt was herky jerky until he cleaned and lubed it. Now it performs like mine.

lubrication makes a world of difference. That is 100% true. Im just stating the "out of the box" bolt throw was a bit scratchy. Im sure with lapping and lube any bolt would be quite nice!

I think the XBolt seems like a great rifle too! I have looked at them in person and love the new magazine design. I'm not much of a magazine guy unless it's on an AR, but if the hunting rifle has one, the XBolt appears to have got it right! The A Bolt with attached mag is just way messed up! Who the heck wants their mag attached inside the floor plate? That just seems like a crap design.

dont see a lot mentioned here...

i was looking at a good looking xbolt on gunbroker. do they not shoot good enough to compare to savages and remingtons and tikkas?

Their newer models I dont care for...but when they were bolt actions made by FN....totally different story.

If it aint custom.. its savage.

So what does that tell you, when speaking of a bunch of guys who are not content with 1" groups at 200 yards?

I like browning rifles, but there are quirks that I can't live with. Such as a 3.4 inch magazine on a 300 win mag. Accurate for sure but I don't like not having the option to load them longer. And the price for a standard rifle is a bit steeper than many that will either shoot as well or better. All I care about is if it fits good, feels good and puts many rounds into a tiny little space. Couldn't care less what it looks like. I do own a Browning rifle. it is a .243 and yes, it is the prettiest gun in my safe.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.