Does this 30 cal Exist?

300 PRC with the right powder (RL26 probably) might get you close, but you may need to step up the charge to a 30 nosler, 30 rum, or 300 norma.

As I referenced in a different 30 Nosler post I just ordered some ADG 30N brass. This at least gets me started on the journey. I will take the approach of having the rifle built around a specific cartridge/bullet this time around. If it requires me to order a reamer to optimize the chamber to the cartridge, so be it. I am still learning a great deal from the highly experienced members on the forum. I at least now know what I don't know. I guess I need to make a decision on the bullet. 215 Berger or BD2 205 are peaking my interest.

As I referenced in a different 30 Nosler post I just ordered some ADG 30N brass. This at least gets me started on the journey. I will take the approach of having the rifle built around a specific cartridge/bullet this time around. If it requires me to order a reamer to optimize the chamber to the cartridge, so be it. I am still learning a great deal from the highly experienced members on the forum. I at least now know what I don't know. I guess I need to make a decision on the bullet. 215 Berger or BD2 205 are peaking my interest.
If you are specifically building a rifle to be optimised to one specific bullet, then I would suggest you buy a barrel life supply of those bullets at the same time.

What specs are different from Lane Precision in the 30N vs SAAMI? I'm having a 30N built right now but my only request with the chamber was to have them cut .220 freebore. It might be early enough in the game for me to change something if there are tweaks I will benefit from. Thank you.
My LPR is very similar to Cody's except for twist I believe. Mine is a 9. Not sure what Dallas' specs are for sure but I think it's his own reamer. I may be wrong. Very happy with results.
IMG_5206.jpg

My LPR is very similar to Cody's except for twist I believe. Mine is a 9. Not sure what Dallas' specs are for sure but I think it's his own reamer. I may be wrong. Very happy with results.
Very nice! What pill did you settle on? If I go with the longer BD2 205 I would need to go with a 8.5 twist at a minimum. I probably need to give Dallas a call.

Very nice! What pill did you settle on? If I go with the longer BD2 205 I would need to go with a 8.5 twist at a minimum. I probably need to give Dallas a call.
220 Berger's but finally picked up some 215's. I haven't looked at the length difference between the 199 Hammers and the 205 BD2's, but the Hammers shot well. Just need to tweak the load and finish developement this year.

What specs are different from Lane Precision in the 30N vs SAAMI? I'm having a 30N built right now but my only request with the chamber was to have them cut .220 freebore. It might be early enough in the game for me to change something if there are tweaks I will benefit from. Thank you.
.215 freebore, not sure what else but I think some other things.

300 win mag - 24" 1-10tw barrel - lapua brass- Berger 205's - VIHTAUVORI N570 - Fed 215M - avg fps 3020. My hunting new rifle will be a 22" barrel and hope to push a 185 grain around 3-3100 accurately. For some reason in my experience with the 300 win, they like it around 2900 -3100 fps with 180-200 gr.

My comp rifle pushes 230gr Berger OTMs with Retumbo behind it @ 2865 fps avg. That's out of a 26" barrel verified by a magnetospeed chrony. Always had great luck with Sierra game king 180gr BT. Put every animal down in one shot with longest out to 875. Big mulie didn't go 30ft. Best part about the 300 win is when you forget ammo, most stores in small towns have it thus, not ruining your trip! (Or you find 2 loose rounds rolling around in your pickup from last year) Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Last edited:
Comfortable loads that are "low pressure" built on bat actions, using lapua and adg brass. Those two ingredients will not show pressure together till likely approaching 75-80k psi. The top node for a 30Nos with H1000 and 208-215s is 3100 and its close to psi in most rifles. Lop 6" of barrel, that's now 2950fps. I recently went into this quest, wanted max of 3k fps available from a 22" 9tw to shoot supressed, but NOT wanting to use the crack cocaine powders like N570/RL33/RL26. So my choice was fairly easy, needed capacity to keep psi down. 300nmi on a bat igniter, using H1000, Retumbo or 7977. I'll take anything between 2900-2975 that shoots good with 215 hyb.