Does anyone else have this problem ?

duke75

I have a mod. 70 Winchester .270 cal. I have owned this gun for over 20 years
and use it for all of my whitetail hunts.

I still use the original wood stock, I have glassed all the wood , and did some work to the area where the lug sets and the barrel is free floating.

I shoot only my reloads and have achieved better then M.O.A. with this
gun. The optic is a Nikon 3.5 variable Monarch which was placed on it
a few years ago.

I have had great success with this gun over the years and can't find in me to
upgrade. it's like an old friend.

Does anyone else have this problem ?

By problem, you mean not parting with or modifying a favorite rifle?
Yes, have a Ruger varmint 22-250 I bought in 1978, first rifle I ever bought myself(was 16 at the time) have killed untold groundhogs, crows, and other vermin with it. Still shoots great with my hand loads. Rifle has been beat up and definitely has wear marks, even tho I have 2 other 22-250's in the case this rifle gets the most work. Yea, hard to give up on or change a favorite.

Machines do have souls in as much as you have all the memories embodied in that machine so it takes on that persona.
If you did not feel like that you would not be normal . People who can just cast off everything without a second thought have less than normal emotions . People who can't part with anything have less than normal emotions. Some place in the middle is normal but it's a hard place to find.
I have a 308 Sako A11 that I rebuilt from a 243 and I will never sell that gun.
I have a Brno 22 rimfire that I have had for many years and I will never sell that gun either .
I have a knife that I carried in Vietnam and I will never part with that even though the blade is quite worn down now.
If I was married to the person that could just cast off anything without any feelings of sentimentality , loyalty or favouritism I would be worried I was next.

Wow you do have issues! JK! I have some I would neve get rid of and a few I kill something with every year so they don't feel left out and sulk. Yep Im a tad nutty.

That being said when it comes to firearms I think they are like a harem. Yeah ya might have a favorite bbut one is never enough to satisfy you and you never know when it might be THAT TIME OF THE MONTH and you need another. Guns are like potatoe chips....ya cant have just one.

Problem?? Naw its a solution!
My old Ruger 7mag/Sightron3-9MD has earned the right to be my hunting partner or rather I have earned the right to be its hunting partner? The Ruger 7mag, a CZ American in 223 and an old Savage J action in 243 share a special spot in the safe=Right up front.
The others behind them are subject to all kinds of scope,barrel and stock swaps but the front three are off limits and life is good:D

I have some that mean a great deal to me I'd never sell or overhaul.

That's why there's always room for one more in the gun cabinet.

If there's not, get a bigger GC.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.