Do you watch outdoor shows live or by recording them?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Len Backus, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Always recorded

101 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Mostly recorded

202 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Sometimes recorded

117 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Rarely or never recorded

362 vote(s)
    46.3%
  1. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Do you watch outdoor shows live or by recording them?

2. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

Both

3. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

I like to record so that I can fast forward through the commercials. and watch the show.

Most of the outdoor shows are more than 50% commercials and some are up to 75%.

Buy the time you get through the commercials you have already lost interest in the show.

I realize that some commercials are nessary but not that many.

I do the same on regular TV because near the end they throw everything at you because you
    want to see the end and will wait.

Also if the show is boring, or PC by not showing the hit, or just staged I can delete it after a
    few minutes.

Most of the commercials are trying to sell you something that will guarantee 100% success.
    The only thing i haven't seen to date is a Lo Jack that is installed on game so you can find
    them without any scouting or hunting. What's next. What has happened to today's sportsman?

Oh Well.

Sorry Len , But you ask.

J E CUSTOM

4. RWE

RWE Member

BOTH!

I probably watch the recorded shows more this time of year as I am too busy chasing/running the kids around to think about it, set it on Direct and go. Love my DVR.

5. MtPockets

MtPockets Well-Known Member

Outdoor 'shows'?! I live 8 miles from the mouth of Shell Canyon- Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming. What use would I have to turn on the tv (good thing, too, since I don't have cable and 'local' channels are non-existant)? My 'outdoor shows' entail driving a short distance and watching the moose, elk, deer, or throwing a line into Medicine Lodge Lake to catch supper.
    I am SO blessed to live where I do!
    Len, next time you head out this way give me a holler!
    Safe travels!

Ron

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  6. Wile E Coyote

Wile E Coyote Well-Known Member

I'll echo J E Custom and just add that some shows are nothing but an "info-mercial" and therefore no longer worth the time.

More importantly, after work tonight I'm going to "tune-in" to the "channel" MtPockets has. I'm gonna' get the flyrod out and spend some quality time with a babbling brook just up the road.

7. nfhjr62

nfhjr62 Well-Known Member

My most watched Outdoors Shows are on Wednesday here in Philadelphia on Comcast on the Sportsman Channel Channel 1630

8. pop pop john

pop pop john Member

i ike recording shows with tech tips so that i can revist them from time to time

9. Magnumitis

Magnumitis Well-Known Member

Mostly recorded; don't have time to sit through commercials.

10. Clint Idaho

Clint Idaho Well-Known Member

I record several Long Range shows and Predator Hunting shows. For some reason around here, most of the decent one's don't fit my schedule. Seems every time I sit down to watch the TV. Something always comes up that needs attention.

11. edge

edge Well-Known Member

Even live watching I hit record and go onto the computer for a while to check the forums. After checking the forums I go back to the show and fast forward the commercials.

edge.

12. BIG1LOST

BIG1LOST Member

I make it a policy to hate someone new everyday...today YUR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

13. smokepoler

smokepoler Active Member

Don't watch any of them. Feel they are just commercials touting products, not to mention a lot of them are staged and phony, taken on game farms with quasi-domesticated game animals.

14. chucknbach

chucknbach Well-Known Member

Don't watch them. Don't have cable or sat or an antenna for that matter. Do antennas still work?

Get my tv strictly from the internet.