Do I need Lok Tite for my new Nightforce?

CRNA

Mounting a new Nightforce on a new rifle this weekend. Do you guys use anything to lock the threads? Do you lock all the threads or just particular ones? Thanks for he replies!

What are you using for a base and rings? NF scopes are awesome scopes but they are heavy so I hope you're using a good quality base and rings.

Trust me when I say it cause I've learned the hard way, there is NO substitute for good rings and bases when mounting a heavy scope like a NF. If this NF is going on a big boomer good quality rings and bases become even MORE important.

Blue loctite is the strongest you want to use.

The scope is going on a Savage 7mm Rem mag. I just got the one piece NF Savage 20moa base and the NF titanium alloy rings in the mail today. Looking forward to this project. Going to order the match grade pipe next week.

I dont recall reading that in nf directions about lok-tite. they are very specific on torque lbs. i have 400 rounds thru my edge and no problem.
mike

Cool. I may just skip the thread locker altogether. I'm sure the edge has quite a bit more recoil than my little 7. Thanks for the input.

The scope is going on a Savage 7mm Rem mag. I just got the one piece NF Savage 20moa base and the NF titanium alloy rings in the mail today. Looking forward to this project. Going to order the match grade pipe next week.

Blue loc-Tite on the base screws is fine, not needed any where eles IMHO & E. Nore more than 15 inch pounds on the base screws and the ring screws, you can go to 50 inch pounds on the nut for the ring to base attachment

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.