What do I need for rings

Maina,

The guys are recommending low rings. I use high and extra high rings. Why? Because I have many times put a scope in rings loosely to check what I see. That is I close my eyes and bring up the rifle, shoulder it and open my eyes. If I am looking right through the center of the scope I'm good to go. I discovered usually I was looking at the top edge of the scope. Now I purchase high or extra high to start with. My plan is if I am not looking right though the center but a little lower I then get lower rings. That has not happened.

There is only one person you need to be concerned with: Number one.

Maina,

The guys are recommending low rings. I use high and extra high rings. Why? Because I have many times put a scope in rings loosely to check what I see. That is I close my eyes and bring up the rifle, shoulder it and open my eyes. If I am looking right through the center of the scope I'm good to go. I discovered usually I was looking at the top edge of the scope. Now I purchase high or extra high to start with. My plan is if I am not looking right though the center but a little lower I then get lower rings. That has not happened.

There is only one person you need to be concerned with: Number one.
Funny. With me, it is low mounts that achieve correct head/eye placement.

Good Point since is everyone is different.

I would think any "low" rings should work. Consider the one piece design made by DNZ.

I'll second the DNZ as its a nice setup. I have a very similar setup with an older 44m HST and went with the medium DNZ and have a perfect weld. Spacing wise, you should be able to go low if you want to.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.