Do I need Lok Tite for my new Nightforce?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by CRNA, Oct 22, 2010.

1. CRNA

CRNA Well-Known Member

Mounting a new Nightforce on a new rifle this weekend. Do you guys use anything to lock the threads? Do you lock all the threads or just particular ones? Thanks for he replies!

2. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

Yes, but only on the action/ base screws.

3. CRNA

CRNA Well-Known Member

So no Lok tote on the rings anywhere right?
    What kind of thread locker is best?

4. B23

B23 Well-Known Member

What are you using for a base and rings? NF scopes are awesome scopes but they are heavy so I hope you're using a good quality base and rings.

Trust me when I say it cause I've learned the hard way, there is NO substitute for good rings and bases when mounting a heavy scope like a NF. If this NF is going on a big boomer good quality rings and bases become even MORE important.

Blue loctite is the strongest you want to use.

5. CRNA

CRNA Well-Known Member

The scope is going on a Savage 7mm Rem mag. I just got the one piece NF Savage 20moa base and the NF titanium alloy rings in the mail today. Looking forward to this project. Going to order the match grade pipe next week.

6. mike33

mike33 Well-Known Member

I dont recall reading that in nf directions about lok-tite. they are very specific on torque lbs. i have 400 rounds thru my edge and no problem.
    mike

7. CRNA

CRNA Well-Known Member

Cool. I may just skip the thread locker altogether. I'm sure the edge has quite a bit more recoil than my little 7. Thanks for the input.

8. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Blue loc-Tite on the base screws is fine, not needed any where eles IMHO & E. Nore more than 15 inch pounds on the base screws and the ring screws, you can go to 50 inch pounds on the nut for the ring to base attachment