Do I need a 338 Rum?

everyone needs a 338RUM if it walks the land in North American you have the the right rifle. i had one built this year and it shoots sub half inch groups with 300g berger at almost 3000fps. great rifle

Of course you do. I wanted big 338 so went with the 338-378 super accurate with 285s and it's a rifle that will see plenty of field time :)

everyone needs a 338RUM if it walks the land in North American you have the the right rifle. i had one built this year and it shoots sub half inch groups with 300g berger at almost 3000fps. great rifle
300 berger at 3000FPS?! That's wild man I would be curious about your setup. I hope mine will do 2800 with the 300 bergers.

Woah - that's as fast as I shoot 250gr Berger Elites in my 338 RUM and my loads are really at the top of the scale. I'd need a 36" barrel to get a 300gr bullet to 3,000 ft/sec. LOL

I have a 338 RUM in a Remington model 700 stainless with laminated stock. It is a true thoroughbred shooting 225 grain nosler accubonds just as flat and fast (or flatter and faster) than a 160 accubond out of my 7mm Remington mag. It currently also holds the top position in my stable for hardest kicking gun I own....since I sold my winchester timber carbine in 450 marlin. I highly recommend a brake for it or get ready for some loose fillings......my 375's are more polite.

I've been trying to avoid getting one, but at some point, I think I'll have one myself. The only thing that will deflect that is if I decide to do something with a 33 Nosler build instead. Hard to turn away on the RUM though. It's a great cartridge.

You need a different rifle for each species of game hunted on this continent. And that includes subspecies! So a Yukon/alaska moose rifle, a Newfoundland moose rifle, a "just plain old moose" rifle, Roosevelt elk, Rocky Mountain elk, tule elk, pronghorn, whitetail (and to be honest the northern whitetails are so much bigger than the southern ones you could get away with two different guns 😝), and so on and so forth haha.
And don't forget backups! You gonna need backups for each of those. 😉

The sickness is pervasive here. We all are infected with it I believe. If I was planning a moose or brown bear hunt, I would jump in head first. I would need a bigger safe though.
In the clinical world, it is known as GAS (gun acquisition syndrome). If you go deeper, it could be RAS, PAS or SAS (rifle, pistol or shotgun) LOL

Why not? Hard to beat the .338 mags for flat shooting and hard hitting.

I have 2. One of them is a 700 LSS in .338 Win mag. Shoots tiny groups with a number of loads. Would be a great one gun for everything rig.

But who would want that?

I've been trying to avoid getting one, but at some point, I think I'll have one myself. The only thing that will deflect that is if I decide to do something with a 33 Nosler build instead. Hard to turn away on the RUM though. It's a great cartridge.
I'm waiting on you to introduce the afterburners for 338. Then I'll build another one.