Do I feel stupid

Discussion in 'Muzzleloader Hunting' started by Red Sparky, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Red Sparky

Red Sparky Well-Known Member

Two years ago I had an elk hunt and two days later a deer hunt with my ML. So I loaded my ML and my older daughters ML for elk and we hunted both deer and elk with that load. No shot opportunities during hunting so I shot and cleaned my ML and my daughters and put them away. This last spring we went out to start shooting and I opened the ML box and did not have my powder measure, powder flask, short ball starter, cappers or any of the other needed devices to shoot the ML's. Now I felt really bad to replace all that stuff since my old stuff had a nice patina after 20 years of use. I did and we shot all summer. I had also lost a nice pair of binoculars a few years ago so after searching the house high and low for a few years I gave up and ordered a new pair.

You guessed it, loading to go hunting this year my younger daughter found the old binoculars I replaced and had received the new pair a week before. We get out to the hunting area and I open my hunting bag to load snacks, water, maps, etc. and low and behold there is all the ML shooting stuff I replaced in the spring.

Do I feel stupid now!

2. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Not stupid! My field pack has collected a lot of stuff over the years.
    1 is none and 2 is one

3. Rem700addict

Rem700addict Well-Known Member

That's easy to do when ML hunting as their can be a lot more stuff to take with you that you need. I try and keep all my field equipment for ML hunting in a camo fanny pack which makes it easy to access and keeps it all in one place. However I find myself sticking things in my hunting clothes pockets mainly due to lazyness.

4. azsugarbear

azsugarbear Well-Known Member

Just wait until you hit 50, my friend.

5. woodnut

woodnut Well-Known Member

azsugarbear, wait til you're 50??!! See what happens when you hit the 60s!!! Sometimes I think I'd loose my arse ifen it twernt tied to me !! LOL .

6. Topgun 30-06

Topgun 30-06 Well-Known Member

"Sometimes I think I'd loose my arse ifen it twernt tied to me !! LOL ."

At 65 years old I've had that thought more than a few times the last few years, LOL!

7. flyin lizard

flyin lizard Well-Known Member

Hey, what you did is not even close to my stupid,, ever shoot your ram rod..

8. CogburnR

CogburnR Well-Known Member

I lost my rangefinder and could have sworn I used it at the range.

I bought a new one and then when hunting season started was surprised to find the old one in the pocket of my hunting coat!

9. woodnut

woodnut Well-Known Member

I think that's required to find a lost something,right? Buy a new one to "replace " the lost one? Best way I've found to find something gone missing!