Difference between win70 classic ss vs ultimate shadow ss

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by trader388, May 31, 2004.

1. trader388

trader388 Well-Known Member

Considering one of these in a 7wsm. The only difference I see is the stocks.

2. mudstud

mudstud Active Member

trader388, not only does the Ultimate have that newer styled stock, but the length of pull on it is much shorter, about a 1/2". The new Ultimate does have the one piece bottom metal instead of the two piece metal with 3 screws you are used to. I have the older Classic Stainless Synthetic which has the longer pull, I can't abide short stocks, and I may try to get the one piece bottom metal for mine some time in the future when I am lacking for anything better to do. Mine is also a 7mm WSM. But those are the only differences I am aware of. Good luck!

3. chris matthews

chris matthews Well-Known Member

I shouldn't post here as I am not 100% sure but the classic is controlled feed and I think the Shadow is the hybrid- controlled push feed.

4. highridge1

highridge1 Well-Known Member

The Ultimate shadow is the controlled feed pre-64 type action,I just put one in the classifieds stainless 300 wsm

5. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

I bought a used Black Shadow in 7mm RemMag off a rancher. Put a Nikon BDC on it. With the factory 26" bbl it's the flattest shooting thing I ever owned. It is push feed but that means nothing.