Defensive Edge - "Sheep Hunter" in 280 Ack Imp

What kind of velocities can you get with the 280ai, 160AB and a 24" barrel? I have been kicking around a similar idea but had almost settled on 7wsm instead. I want to build it myself so mine will be on a Savage action.

Forester,

While I like the 280 AI, I like the 7 WSM better for most things. The Ackley will run the 160 NAB at 2840 fps in the rifle you see pictured. Most of the 7 WSM's I have built will run it 3050-3100 fps. I also like the powders the 7 WSM uses alot better. I have had wonderfull results with the 7 WSM and 168 Berger bullets.

I'm a left hander and love that rifle Shawn.
Why don't you bring it to New Zealand and I will take you on a Himalayan bull Tahr hunt. (the bad boys of alpine regions,living on glaciers and the steepest ****** terrain.)including transport and accomodation,might even treat you to a chopper trip.
No money needs to change hands you can leave that very coool rifle with me.
That is legal in NZ as it could be classed as a gift.

PM me for more info if interested.
Regards,
Nigel.

well this chat hasnt been looked at in a while but was just reading through it and if you ever do decide to come down here to nz shawn then please pm me. id love to come out and i know that kiwi3006 and others would be more than happy to take you out. definatly could go have a look for some tahr.
hope you make it to our neck of the woods.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.