Deciding My Next Rifle’s Chambering

@Jud96, looking at your build what ever cartridge you go with it is going to be a sweet rig! With a good chamber you should have plenty of case neck bearing surface. Will be fun to see what you can get out of this setup.

Lance is building a 300 WM and has a thread on LRO. Jud's and Lance's threads are killing me lol.

28 Nosler? ADG Brass is readily available now from various sources, don't have to run N570 to have the upper hand on most the other 7mm options and if not using as a "play" piece - barrel life should be decent. Not to mention it should be decent SAMMI spec'd.

I favor the 7mm Rem Mag for these reasons. Brass is probably the easier option to get. It has slightly lower operating pressures for similar velocities. Reasonable powder charges that are around 70 grains or less. And a large load data pool to select from. It's kind of like the 6.5 CM vs 260 Rem debate. The cartridge design might be "updated", but for a smith and/ or reloader the "updates" are a non issue. We'll work around them.

7RM and ADG brass, has everything going for it. Here's the last one I worked up a load for 26" Brux, mild load of RL26.

202EF049-88F6-4F73-8802-E4EE9BF0A284.jpeg

A1051B38-5D2F-4010-8F78-78039E6F51AC.jpeg

7RM and ADG brass, has everything going for it. Here's the last one I worked up a load for 26" Brux, mild load of RL26.

View attachment 445357
View attachment 445358
That's absolutely Horrible, I'd rebarrel it!
Everyone knows Those dinosaur 7mags cant shoot that good.. 🤣 🤣 🤣

JOKES .. great shooting man and another reason to own a 7 mag