Daughter got her deer back

Congratulations to you and your daughter! You said she thinks the rifle is hers now. I think its funny you think it's still yours. There's worse people to lose a rifle to though. Maybe she'll let you borrow it from time to time.
I'll probably either buy her a womens/youth rifle or end up building her something. The Begara is such a heavy rifle for her. She's shot a spike buck last year with my 222. It was nice to use the HMR though this year being it's so adjustable.

Attachments

• 0459B556-C866-47C0-A048-A7FC8D15D5F8.jpeg
    0459B556-C866-47C0-A048-A7FC8D15D5F8.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
Lee you took some great pixs of your Daughters great big buck ,Congrats to you for being the great Father that you are & Congratulations to your Daughter on that Monster and learning the skill to put him on the dinner plate ,I hope you told her their all not that big and she could hunt a lifetime and maybe not get one as big ,Or she could get three trophies in as many years in a row. Right time and right place you can't get them on the couch. I'm Proud of you Both and thks for sharing!!!,🥳👏👏👏🥳🦌😉,Cheers!!!.
Yes, she knows this doesn't alway happen. She shot a spike buck last year and was just as happy. Though I think now she wants to wait for bigger deer than spikes.

My 10 year old daughter took a nice Wisconsin 12 point this October during our youth hunt. She made a 276 yard shot with her, well she thinks it's hers now Bergara HMR 6.5 Creedmoor. She even loaded the bullets for the hunt. 135 grain JLK's in front of H4350. The taxidermist did a outstanding job and the turnaround time was even better. Just thought I'd share.
That's awesome. One problem: what does she do for an encore?

Sounds like our ranch we manage what we harvest and sometimes the bucks we leave don't make it through the winter, but they get to breed and that keeps the genetics going. we started our program 20 years ago and has worked well.