My Daughter shot in her first match

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Clayne B, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Clayne B

Clayne B Well-Known Member

My Daughter shot in her first match over the weekend.

She did very well, There were 28 shooters total. She placed 20th!!!
    It was so much fun having here there and shooting, she has been asking for a few months now when she gets to shoot in the match, She has come with me to a few just to watch.

[​IMG]

I set her up with my CZ 452 scout that I shot all last year, Cut down a stock to fit her, and away she went.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

explaining to her the hostage target

[​IMG]

Her and her younger brother checking out the KYL target

[​IMG]

She has been has come to a few match's with me, and also shot with me quite a bit on the side out side of the match with other guys that also shoot in the match. She has been given the nick name "Little Annie"

The guy that runs the match asked me for some input on the medals for 2014 before he ordered them, and I asked that he make this one for my daughter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here she is with the top 3 of the day

[​IMG]

It was a great experience, she was safe, accurate, and best of all she had a blast! she is already excited for the next match

Here is how I did

[​IMG]

Here is a video of the fun

[ame=http://youtu.be/8J39joXdOXY]2014 January Marksmen Challenge - Utah - YouTube[/ame]

2. JARHEAD1371

JARHEAD1371 Well-Known Member

THAT IS OUTSTANDING!!! Great job getting your kids into any shooting sport. Her smile is worth all the money you have spent on gear and ammo.

3. Canadian Bushman

Canadian Bushman Well-Known Member

That is awesome. My fear of getting out shot by a small girl just became real.

4. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Amen to that!

5. hammer111

hammer111 Well-Known Member

it doesn't get any better than that ! imagine what she can do by her 28th match. congrats.

I remeber letting my nephew soot my 17hmr. watching the progression and enthusiasm unexplainable. I got stretch marks from my smile.

6. ArchAngelCD

ArchAngelCD Active Member

Our sport of shooting can only survive if the young ones participate. You have gone a long way in keeping our love of shooting alive!

NOTHING can replace the smile on your daughter's face, well done Sir! You do realize you better will all the 1st place metals as you can now because soon she will be right on your tail and then take you!!! (another proud day no doubt!)

7. JackinSD

JackinSD Well-Known Member

Great read and pictures. I know you are one proud Dad. Well done.

8. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Great Stuff! Good job Dad!