Dakota 76 actions

Yorkplates

Why are they so expensive? I'm assuming since it has the control round feed that it probably doesn't have the accuracy potential as some of the factory actions like M700 and M70(pushfeed). I did an internet search on the 76 action and don't really get much. Good actions or what? Wow, that is a lot for an action! $1850 I think.

For that much you could buy a Nesika Model M receiver and a 30" Lilja stainless barrel.

Not that they are not good receivers but I would bet most tuned Rem 700s would hold tighter groups then any Dakota 76 would. Just my opinion.

If your looking for the best, get a Nesika as a #1 option and BAT as a #2. Both are significantly less costly then that. I will not say cheaper because no +$1000 receiver is what I would discribe as cheap. At least with these two you know what you will get if the rifle build is done correctly.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts