Cutting edge 320 grain

I couldn't get the 320's to shoot the way I wanted them too. They were very inconsistent. The bullet itself is very well made. I found that the "seal-tite" ridge was just that...super tight. I almost wrecked a grip-n-pull trying to get them out. My go too now is the 350 smk. They are so extremely accurate and they are devastating on game.

Just a comment. If you were seating the seal tite band into the neck deformation may have been occurring.

In my 375 AM pushing CEB 350s and 377s well over 3100 fps I get 1/2 MOA groups at 630 yards and scatter patterns at 1000.

It's good to hear that the 350 SMKs are doing well on game. I've been lead to believe that they are some what iffy on terminal performance.

The SMKs are great performers for me, accuracy wise, out to as far as I can shoot.

The 330 ceb shot very good for me but the 320's were erratic. I use the 350 smk's and anneal the tips and drill them out to .046 and they work good on larger game like elk but on smaller deer just pass thru.

Sorry Roy..I should have mentioned that. I seated the bullet right to the bottom of the ridge. CEB does a excellent job of providing examples on how to seat them correctly. The bullets are great...I just couldn't get them to shoot as well as the 350 smk.

I shot both my deer at moderate range 500 yards. I hit them both at the base of the skull. I also shot my elk in the ear. The SMK split the skull right between the antlers. I am extremely happy with their performance. I have another big 375 project going that will shoot the 350's. I'm so happy I fact that I am going to try the 250 SMK in my Texan.

The 330 ceb shot very good for me but the 320's were erratic. I use the 350 smk's and anneal the tips and drill them out to .046 and they work good on larger game like elk but on smaller deer just pass thru.

What velocity are you getting with your chambering?

I'm thinking that if a 338 300 gr between 27xx and 29xx is doing the job why do "I" need to push a 330/350 to 3200+?

I'll be setting up later this month, hopefully, with the 350 SMK repoint project. I object to putting time and effort into reworking factory bullets but, I suppose like you, I want reliable terminal performance.

Annealing + drilling pretty much = trimming + trimming + drilling + inserting the brass point. That is, after the brass tip is machined.

Accuracy is retained. Weight increases to ~353 grains and bc increases somewhat significantly (42" less drop @ 1700 yards) as shown by independent shooter.

What velocity are you getting with your chambering?

I'm thinking that if a 338 300 gr between 27xx and 29xx is doing the job why do "I" need to push a 330/350 to 3200+?

I'll be setting up later this month, hopefully, with the 350 SMK repoint project. I object to putting time and effort into reworking factory bullets but, I suppose like you, I want reliable terminal performance.

Annealing + drilling pretty much = trimming + trimming + drilling + inserting the brass point. That is, after the brass tip is machined.

Accuracy is retained. Weight increases to ~353 grains and bc increases somewhat significantly (42" less drop @ 1700 yards) as shown by independent shooter.
I was getting 3000 fps with rl 25 but I got a lot better accuracy with rl 33 and 2825 fps. For me 2825 fps with a 350 smk will kill anything I want to kill farther than I want to shoot at it and my best 3 shot group is 2 3/4" at 965 yards. Using my g7-br2 range finder I shot a crow from a tree at 1393 yards on the first shot. The annealing seems to make the bullets fly better at long range, I think it's the molten lead settling and being more uniform.

I was getting 3000 fps with rl 25 but I got a lot better accuracy with rl 33 and 2825 fps. For me 2825 fps with a 350 smk will kill anything I want to kill farther than I want to shoot at it and my best 3 shot group is 2 3/4" at 965 yards. Using my g7-br2 range finder I shot a crow from a tree at 1393 yards on the first shot. The annealing seems to make the bullets fly better at long range, I think it's the molten lead settling and being more uniform.

I recall reading about that crow shot. Dam'd impressive.

The only thing that I would shoot with my 375 AM farther than you would with your 375 RUM is rocks! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.