300 Norma 230 grain cutting edge lazer

Mike D Texas

Has anyone tried the 230 grain Cutting edge lazer bullet in their 300 Norma? They are listed as a single feed bullet but appear that they will work if used with a Wyatt's CFE12 box. There is a LOT of bullet hanging out of the case but they are set with the drive band at the case mouth.

80F1C5A8-D969-42F8-8ADC-2462F3A96BC1.jpeg

I will in about 6-7 months when my rifle is done. 😔
That's about right. I do not remember if you are doing the improved version or not. Do you have all the components for your gunsmith to build yet? Mine is a .338 NMI. I got my custom reamer last week, but I am still 2 months out before I get the barrel before my gunsmith can chamber it, and then an additional 2 months and longer for the custom reloading die set. Luckily, I am in no hurry.

Good luck with your build.

That's about right. I do not remember if you are doing the improved version or not. Do you have all the components for your gunsmith to build yet? Mine is a .338 NMI. I got my custom reamer last week, but I am still 2 months out before I get the barrel before my gunsmith can chamber it, and then an additional 2 months and longer for the custom reloading die set. Luckily, I am in no hurry.

Good luck with your build.
My main delay is the barrel. I wanted to use an 8 twist instead of a 9 twist. I just ordered it last week. My reamer is 4 months out, I am building the improved version. I bought the component package from Ryan Pierce (minus the barrel), the barrel from Hells Canyon Armory and the reamer from Manson.

My main delay is the barrel. I wanted to use an 8 twist instead of a 9 twist. I just ordered it last week. My reamer is 4 months out, I am building the improved version. I bought the component package from Ryan Pierce (minus the barrel), the barrel from Hells Canyon Armory and the reamer from Manson.
I was given a 5-month delivery estimate for my barrel (also 1:8"), but their goal is 3-months. Manson also did my reamer, and the delivery was almost 4-weeks earlier. FUN, FUN, FUN!

I got lucky, found the barrel I wanted from Krieger and had it 4 days later. A few weeks later a package containing everything else came from Ryan Pierce. Hopefully it'll be ready this fall. Was planning on using the 245 Bergers but the two notices I got for them sold out in minutes. I have about 900 215 hybrids that'll work if need be. Just picked up 7 lbs N570 from another LRH member coming down to the NRL shoot here in western CO. Also considering 225 grain ELDM's. From everything I've read they're pretty frangible and in the canyon I hunt shots are 800-1300 yards. Build is a 300NMI.

I think the restriction will come from your magazine length. My DT allows for some crazy OAL, your restriction is barrel throat and my MRAD allows for some good OAL too but not like the DT. I think I can get 3.820" out of my MRAD mag. I'll need to try these

I think the restriction will come from your magazine length. My DT allows for some crazy OAL, your restriction is barrel throat and my MRAD allows for some good OAL too but not like the DT. I think I can get 3.820" out of my MRAD mag. I'll need to try these
The Wyatts CFE12 box "allows" 3.830 supposedly so the example in my picture is seated at 3.820. I'm sure that's asking for trouble on a rifle with heavier recoil but in theory at least it will fit. At the length they are seated, the drive band is just at the case mouth and if I'm understanding how these work, that's how they are supposed to be seated.

The Wyatts CFE12 box "allows" 3.830 supposedly so the example in my picture is seated at 3.820. I'm sure that's asking for trouble on a rifle with heavier recoil but in theory at least it will fit. At the length they are seated, the drive band is just at the case mouth and if I'm understanding how these work, that's how they are supposed to be seated.
It will be interesting to see. My son wants to build a 300NMI but is worried about bullet length for a Wyatt box. So he has been back and forth to the straight 300NM. By the way he shoots the lazers out of his edge and it shoots very well and velocity consistency is really good. Works very well on game.

It will be interesting to see. My son wants to build a 300NMI but is worried about bullet length for a Wyatt box. So he has been back and forth to the straight 300NM. By the way he shoots the lazers out of his edge and it shoots very well and velocity consistency is really good. Works very well on game.
What bullet is he wanting to shoot. All but the very long bullets like the Lazers and the 250 ATip fit comfortably inside the Wyatt's box. I suppose worst case the receiver could be modified to use the CFE-9 box which would allow COAL up to 4" like the Ultra Mags do.