Custom long range rifle tips and thoughts please

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Pepperboy, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Pepperboy

Pepperboy Member

Heyy guys im looking to build myself a custom 300 win mag or 300 wsm rifle as i cant find a rifle that i properly like so ive decided to build my own for ranges of 500 to 800 yards

This is the list of things im looking at so far:

• Hs precision stock a psv029 or pst013 $360 to $600
    • Stiller predator or tac300 actions $775 to $800
    • Nightforce NXS scope - 3.5-15x50 $1485 or a similar scope for around 1000$
    • Harris bipod - HBBR-S $100
    • decent set of rings - $80 approx
    • Hs precision detachable magazine - $80
    • Jewell trigger - HVR 700 $200
    • Krieger barrel - SS match grade hand lapped twist rate 1 in 10" contour 14 palma length 26" 300$
    • Remington 700 BDL trigger gaurd - $80
    Please help me out on this guys, if you have any tips on what barrel i should go for or take a look at ohh and treat me like a new boy tell me if ive missed out on anything haha my budget is around $3500

thanks - jaygun)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

Quite a package! I don't think you could go wrong with anything you have mentioned as long as you have the cash:D....Rich

3. Pepperboy

Pepperboy Member

Yeeaahh i know im not building it all at the same time im ordering it part by part and spreading my cash out so i know where everything is going and monitor the imports of the components.

Jaygun)

4. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Nice list of components, good to see your not skimping on the optics. Good luck.

5. shortgrass

shortgrass Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but, I think you'll need H-S Precision bottom metal to go with that H-S magazine. In their (H-S Pre.) discription they mean their bottom metal is a direct replacment for BDL bottom metal, without modifications to their stocks. Otherwise, looks like it'll be a nice setup!

6. Mikecr

Mikecr Well-Known Member

Bullets
    Brass
    powder/primers
    Dies
    Reamer set
    Barrel finishing
    Stock finishing