custom long range rifle builders

With the fantastic reports given here by Long Time Long Ranger, the McMillan line likely deserves a look too. I think he was shooting the EOL Outdoorsman.

Scot E.

+3 for Defensive Edge. They build superb rifles that just flat out shoot and are a couple of the nicest guys you will ever meet. You won't be dissapointed! I know I'm not.

Im going fore a custom this time and i want the best :)
any builder recommendations ?
The main use is going to be long range competition shooting and some hunting
prize is not an issue

There are tricks to making a competition rifle a winner in every discipline, so when you say LR competition are you talking tactical, FTR, Open F class, 600 or 1000 yard BR. You need a smith that knows that disciplines rules and what to do and not to do.

A top 1k or 600 yd Light BR gun (17 lbs) does not make a walking around hunting gun as it will have a 3" forend and the weight.

A top FTR gun will weigh up to 20 lbs and have a 30-32" barrel.

Keep in mind, not all good LR hunting smiths build good competition guns and vice versa. They are two completely different animals.

IMO you are really almost talking two different guns completely in most cases.

Tell us exactly what type LR comp you plan on doing and then we can focus you to the right smiths.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.