Custom Build

Bearwalk

I'm building a custom 338 WM for comp and occasional LRH.

So, my barreled action from Hart has arrived. Stock should be here this week. Bedding and painting are only going to delay the inevitable so long.....Yep, I need scope.

I am not harsh on my equipment, but I don't baby either. My criteria for this build are decent optics and excellent tracking.

My considerations are: Sightron SIII 6-24x50 and NF NXS 5.5-22x50.

I have not previously owned either. I am willing to spend the extra dough on the NF, but only if it is going to show up in performance. As you gathered, I am not a "tactical operator" and do not need military-grade bomb-proofing.

Opinions...

Edit: Forgot to mention I will be working out to 1000 yards with this rifle.

I'm building a custom 338 WM for comp and occasional LRH.

So, my barreled action from Hart has arrived. Stock should be here this week. Bedding and painting are only going to delay the inevitable so long.....Yep, I need scope.

I am not harsh on my equipment, but I don't baby either. My criteria for this build are decent optics and excellent tracking.

My considerations are: Sightron SIII 6-24x50 and NF NXS 5.5-22x50.

I have not previously owned either. I am willing to spend the extra dough on the NF, but only if it is going to show up in performance. As you gathered, I am not a "tactical operator" and do not need military-grade bomb-proofing.

Opinions...

Edit: Forgot to mention I will be working out to 1000 yards with this rifle.

Get the Sightron. It is the best bang for the buck when it comes to SPF mil/moa scopes. I've had this scope and it is well made and has excellent glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.