Custom Action choice

I was really impressed with GAP's Tempest action, three lug with a full size bolt body and roller cocking piece makes it the smoothest three lug I've had in my hands
I mixed up actions I looked at, the Tempest does NOT have a roller cocking piece, I was surprised it didn't because of how well it opens, they said they tried it but it added so little it wasn't worth it and after feeling it I totally agree. Full size bolt diameter makes it happen and allows for a shallower cocking ramp for easier bolt function even though it's a three lug.

Hi Chase, Is the Curtis action available?

As I have stated on the main Curtis action thread it's as if you guys have read my mind and built my dream action. 3 lug, integral recoil lug, .750" diameter one piece bolt, M16 extractor, side bolt release, Remington trigger compatible and integral rail to beef up the repeater actions. Only problem is I can't buy it yet.

Shawn

Hi Chase, Is the Curtis action available?

As I have stated on the main Curtis action thread it's as if you guys have read my mind and built my dream action. 3 lug, integral recoil lug, .750" diameter one piece bolt, M16 extractor, side bolt release, Remington trigger compatible and integral rail to beef up the repeater actions. Only problem is I can't buy it yet.

Shawn

We understand your frustration and share it as well!
We are working diligently to bring this action to market. The short action Vector and Axiom's are in production as we speak.

Our action DOES have the rollerball tipped cocking piece

Looking forward to getting one in my hands, the roller tip definitely helps the BATs but so does the weak spring they put in them, I've had some guys express interest in the Lapua sized actions so hopefully I'll get to play :D

Looking forward to getting one in my hands, the roller tip definitely helps the BATs but so does the weak spring they put in them, I've had some guys express interest in the Lapua sized actions so hopefully I'll get to play :D

We have spent hours and hours testing different spring rates... Everyone wants an EASY bolt lift, rightfully so... but you have to find the balance between a soft lift and having correct poundage required for perfect/reliable ignition.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.