Coyote thermal kill at 880

Nate please post pictures of your rifle with halo and range finder. Were you shooting off bags? What body position were you in. How do you get solid enough to range and shoot that far at night?
Shooting off of a tripod, standing

switching from a cheap aluminum tripod and hog saddle to a good carbon fiber tripod and an anvil 30 connecting to an arca rail on the gun made a big difference in stability/steadiness

Last edited:
Really right stuff anvil 30 is the ballhead, it connects to pic rail and arca rail.

the tripod i use for coyote hunting is really right stuff

TVC-22I MK2 SOAR SERIES TRIPOD

Everyone thinks they can shoot a coyote at 800y, until they try. Most people have no idea how difficult it is to range and dial and hit that small target before they dissappear from sight. Nice work..
He didn't dial, according to what he posted on another site.

"We found him, ended up running about 100 yards"

That's funny, you said he ran about 50 yards on the other site.

Like I said, it's easy to keep a story straight when you tell the truth.
I remain skeptical.

He didn't dial, according to what he posted on another site.
"We found him, ended up running about 100 yards"

That's funny, you said he ran about 50 yards on the other site.

Like I said, it's easy to keep a story straight when you tell the truth.
I remain skeptical.
haha, get a life you clown

Well tell us then, where did you hit it? Get a complete pass through? How'd the bullet perform?

I mean, after all, you recovered it, so you say?

Well tell us then, where did you hit it? Get a complete pass through? How'd the bullet perform?

I mean, after all, you recovered it, so you say?
GIVE IT UP MAN! I do not care what you believe, I had two people standing next to me that watched me do it. Believe it, don't believe it, I DO NOT CARE. I understand from your posts that you are new to long range shooting, I am not, been doing it for decades. Go practice and STFU

How much does the tripod and head weigh? I looked at the price online and dam near fell out of my chair...…...gonna have to borrow some money from Dsheetz to get one. :oops: :oops: :eek::eek:🤣🤣🤝☝️👍
They are pricey, finally pulled the trigger after breaking two $140 tripods in the span of a couple weeks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.