Longest Coyote Kill

extended my farthest dog this weekend 784 yards with a 7mm-300 win with a 180 berger
notice the splash behind, straight through the head in to the ground and i watched it happen through the scope
CAM00444_zps7a81344a.jpg

Fantastic, Calib!

ShowMe: You'll forever be The Incredible Shooter in your son's eyes after that one! Nice.

904 yards, 243 Ackley Imp., 105 Berger VLD's.
The rifle is a real tack driver. I love shooting it.
Shot out to 1435 yds. on steel with it

This poor dog thought if he stayed out at 900 yards and barked at the call he would be safe.
Wrong!The Berger found him..

Many more yotes between 500-700 yards.

Headed out in the morning to enjoy the hunt.

Attachments

• 133.jpg
    133.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 106
Nice! Beautiful coyote. Gotta love the .243AI. Is that last year's pup? We haven't had many YOY coyotes on this side of the border this year.

I might have the record for the longest coyote near miss...sky lined on a river levee, broadside at 1,605 yards last weekend under ideal shooting conditions with a 300 RUM and 230 gr Berger hybrids...bullet came close enough to send him tearing off long before the sound of the shot would have reached him. In hindsight, I'm glad I missed because I did not have my camcorder with me....it would have been a horrible thing to make the coyote shot of a lifetime and not have it on video to share.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.