Cowboy logic

My wife took up Equestrian competition to fill the gap of my time loading, shooting, hunting, etc.. Horse-$85,000,
truck $68,000, horse trailer-13K. saddle-3K, tack, other accessories unlimited, lesson 3-4 times weekl Approx Board and feed/supplements, and Vet visits $2-3K yearly. First 3 yrs she spent at least $275View attachment 352462K. Anyone want to trade hobbies? Question is what do I build next?
So now you have a really "nice" packhorse? Camping trailer if you shovel it out well😂. And prob a diesel for those long hunt trips? Multipurpose!!!

I just looked They still have some type R85270 in the search
Outfit not very honest. I emailed them before I ordered an action and asked if it was the action and bolt . They emailed me back and said yes it was action and bolt. Got it and it was just the action. Emailed them and told them and was told I was miss informed no offer to return or make it right. I'll keep it but won't buy from them again!!!

I pick my battles.... One time I asked, do you really need another purse. She said not really, so she didn't buy it. A few weeks later I ordered some reloading stuff, and when it mysteriously appeared via UPS and she beat me home and carried the box inside, she asked what I ordered. I showed her. She asked, do you really need more shooting stuff?

Since then, when she asks can I order these shoes, clothes, etc? I say sure. Every once and awhile I tell her to wait until payday for budget reasons. I turned the table. So now when something shows up for hunting or shooting, I respond with when was the last time I said no to shoes, etc. Or I say, hey I am going to order ________, but will wait until payday, and she doesn't question it.

We now have an unspoken "understanding" :)

I bought a boat in 1989 (Penn Yan Tournament 212) and said it was the last boat I will buy for salmon trolling. It was a little bit out of our budget but I told it would be safest for our 6 year old son at the time. She said "uh uh". I still have it and once in a while I point to it.....I have 2 trucks since 1997. So when I order some shooting stuff, it is recognized I don't "turn over" my gear so it is an investment for my hobby. When our 40th came up, I made dam sure it will be remembered and had a custom diamond emerald ring made for the occasion. Holy cow! Could have bought 3 really good rifles from any custom shop for it BUT she never questions if I need it or is it in budget. She knows I would not buy it if I really did not need it. I don't abuse the trust and it has worked for us.

Every UPS/FedX package that arrives I say "Hey Jill you got a package". Even have her name on most Shooting Supply accounts so when the package arrives it has Jill's name on it. I always say "Sweetheart look what we bought you". Sooo Jill gets all the new rifles, pistols and components. Never have any problems plus I get to shoot everything!
Every now and then Jill gets packages from New York Clothes, along with hair products and makeup, which makes her even happier.
Happy Wife- Happy Life. It's great to have a life partner, wife & best friend that you can shoot, hunt, build rifles with!

You gotta be careful using that logic. If your wife catches on she will suddenly realize that the house needs new paint. Then of course new flooring will follow, etc!
Man you got that right! Mine made a discovery I had hoped she wouldn't and now we are getting an outdoor covered area and she bought a dang motorcycle! Pretty much dashed my scheme before it ever came to fruition! I'll be lucky to swing some new scope covers now.