Couple of long range (for me) yotes

Creedmoor shooter

Just a couple of yotes I've taken over the past month. Both of these are my lo gest kills on a living critter. Both taken with my 6.5 creed loaded with a 120 nosler bt @ 2960 fps. This rifle is set up to be a straight up hunting rifle for the north east. No dialing just hold over everything because I usually don't have time to dial.

First dog I was leaving work and saw a coyote in the back field. I pulled up as close as I dared, pulled my game changer bag out of the back, my rifle, and 1 bullet. Threw my bag on the hood and guessed it to be about 400 yards. I didn't have time to range as the yote was leaving the field. Held my 400 yard reticle and watched it take a dirt nap! I ranged after the shot and it was 417 yards.
20230120_155710.jpg
20230120_160610.jpg

This past Saturday we were out ice fishing when we heard a terrible racket from the otherside of the river. Sounded like a deer in distress. I could see something going on but it was too far to tell. I had a good idea what was going on so I ran off the river back to my truck and grabbed my rifle, game changer, and range finder and ran back out on the ice. Sure enough there was a coyote trying to take a deer down. The other side of the river wasn't frozen and the deer ran down into open water to get away. I ranged it at 503 yards. The coyote went down into the open water after the deer. I held my 500 yard reticle and shot. Didn't see him leave or anything so I assumed I got him. I drove around to the other side of the river after we were done fishing and found him floating in the water! That's my furthest kill to date. Not sure if the deer is going to make it or not as she was chewed up alittle, but seemed relatively ok
20230218_124346.jpg
20230218_125033.jpg
20230218_084713.jpg

Just a couple of yotes I've taken over the past month. Both of these are my lo gest kills on a living critter. Both taken with my 6.5 creed loaded with a 120 nosler bt @ 2960 fps. This rifle is set up to be a straight up hunting rifle for the north east. No dialing just hold over everything because I usually don't have time to dial.

First dog I was leaving work and saw a coyote in the back field. I pulled up as close as I dared, pulled my game changer bag out of the back, my rifle, and 1 bullet. Threw my bag on the hood and guessed it to be about 400 yards. I didn't have time to range as the yote was leaving the field. Held my 400 yard reticle and watched it take a dirt nap! I ranged after the shot and it was 417 yards.
View attachment 441001View attachment 441002

This past Saturday we were out ice fishing when we heard a terrible racket from the otherside of the river. Sounded like a deer in distress. I could see something going on but it was too far to tell. I had a good idea what was going on so I ran off the river back to my truck and grabbed my rifle, game changer, and range finder and ran back out on the ice. Sure enough there was a coyote trying to take a deer down. The other side of the river wasn't frozen and the deer ran down into open water to get away. I ranged it at 503 yards. The coyote went down into the open water after the deer. I held my 500 yard reticle and shot. Didn't see him leave or anything so I assumed I got him. I drove around to the other side of the river after we were done fishing and found him floating in the water! That's my furthest kill to date. Not sure if the deer is going to make it or not as she was chewed up alittle, but seemed relatively okView attachment 441003View attachment 441004View attachment 441005
Wow GREAT story and two YOTES!!!!!

I like the Nosler 6.5 120 BT's in my 6.5x284 Norma. Just an enlarged hole with five rounds at 100 yards and an 8-inch group at 1000 yards.

I just swapped out my Leupold LR Tactical (Mildot ret, moa dial) for an SWFA 10X Milquad on my 260 AI for the same reason. I just don't have time to always dial out here especially for yotes. Nice shooting buddy! I can't wait to get some yotes with mine.

I just swapped out my Leupold LR Tactical (Mildot ret, moa dial) for an SWFA 10X Milquad on my 260 AI for the same reason. I just don't have time to always dial out here especially for yotes. Nice shooting buddy! I can't wait to get some yotes with mine.
I have a 2.5-10 vortex hs mounted on this with the bdc reticle. It's only meant as a 0-400 deer rifle but I've grown quite fond of it as a truck rifle for these occasions!

I have a 2.5-10 vortex hs mounted on this with the bdc reticle. It's only meant as a 0-400 deer rifle but I've grown quite fond of it as a truck rifle for these occasions!
I have my general purpose 30-06 set up with a VariXIII 2.5-8 mildot reticle. It's a pretty similar set up, maybe it'll become a truck gun!