Cost of a Custom Rifle with Glass

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
What would you spend or have spent?

What is your budget (costs) for a complete custom rifle with glass if you were having someone build for you or you building?
Since today I finally finished our Taxes and had a lot of receipts to go over.

I was tabulating some costs of our rifles from last year with glass including purchase price shipping & taxes. We have (5) builds like this.
$1,500 - Stock with inlet & bedding or Chassis
$500.00 to $2,000.00 for BiPod or Front Rest
$1,500 - $2,000.00 - Action
$550.00 for SS Barrel
$800.00 for CF Barrel
Buy (2) Same Barrels at the same time. First barrel to Dial in and or Fire Form and Second for having an accurate rifle.
$300.00 to 400.00 Trigger
$300.00 - $400.00 for Scope Mount
$200.00- Brake
$3,000.00 to $4,000.00 + for Glass
$300.00 ++++ for Gunsmith to Chamber Fit & Finish
$300.00 - $400.00 for Dies - Only component for reloading, all the other reloading components $$$$.

Glass is the most expensive component.

$8,500.00+ mid range cost.

For hunting practicality, why would one spend more on a custom to get less accuracy? For thousands more, I cannot justify buying anything that won't do better than a Sauer 100 can do. Now if you just want to spend thousands more, Sauer does make rifles with all the custom type bells, whistles and features any kind of stock. But for me this is fancy enough.

Attachments

• 20220101_105732.jpg
    20220101_105732.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 260
What would you spend or have spent?

What is your budget (costs) for a complete custom rifle with glass if you were having someone build for you or you building?
Since today I finally finished our Taxes and had a lot of receipts to go over.

I was tabulating some costs of our rifles from last year with glass including purchase price shipping & taxes. We have (5) builds like this.
$1,500 - Stock with inlet & bedding or Chassis
$500.00 to $2,000.00 for BiPod or Front Rest
$1,500 - $2,000.00 - Action
$550.00 for SS Barrel
$800.00 for CF Barrel
Buy (2) Same Barrels at the same time. First barrel to Dial in and or Fire Form and Second for having an accurate rifle.
$300.00 to 400.00 Trigger
$300.00 - $400.00 for Scope Mount
$200.00- Brake
$3,000.00 to $4,000.00 + for Glass
$300.00 ++++ for Gunsmith to Chamber Fit & Finish
$300.00 - $400.00 for Dies - Only component for reloading, all the other reloading components $$$$.

Glass is the most expensive component.

$8,500.00+ mid range cost.
Without an itemize list about 6-ish but of course depends on glass etc,Depends on a lot of things but about 6000 total. Also, I don't consider a front rest part of a rifle a bipod sure but not front rest they can get very expensive.

It's a big investment if you build a full custom just the way you want it. $8500 is a mid range if compared to a Gunwerks full up build. If one looks for bargains on this site, one could piece together brass, and all the rifle components. It takes time. There are a lot of sponsors here.
Don't think it's going to get cheaper, ever.

Saving up, sourcing parts, and putting together a one of a kind custom gun is part of the fun for me. I am a gun/gear guy, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of building custom rifles, especially since pre-fits make it so easy. You can spread out the cost as much or as little as you like so it isn't such a financial burden. I don't really keep track of every dollar spent, I just enjoy the process and the reward.

Saving up, sourcing parts, and putting together a one of a kind custom gun is part of the fun for me. I am a gun/gear guy, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of building custom rifles, especially since pre-fits make it so easy. You can spread out the cost as much or as little as you like so it isn't such a financial burden. I don't really keep track of every dollar spent, I just enjoy the process and the reward.
My last build, the one pictured above was my most expensive, but I did invest in a custom action specifically to get pre fit barrels and save on gunsmith labor.